Friends of the Israel Defense Forces (FIDF) was established in 1981 by a group of Holocaust survivors to provide for the wellbeing of the men and women who serve in the Israel Defense Forces. The organization is committed to providing the men and women who serve in the Israel Defense Forces as well as the families of fallen soldiers with love, support and care through educational, social, cultural, and recreational programs and facilities in an effort to ease the burden they carry on behalf of the Israeli and the Jewish communities worldwide.
FIDF currently seeks an individual to assume the role of Development Associate for the Los Angeles chapter. This position is part of a dynamic Los Angeles team and will report to the Executive Director of the Los Angeles chapter.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Skills and/or Experience:
• A minimum of 2 years nonprofit or fundraising experience.
• Demonstrated success in event planning and customer relations.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and carry out assignments independently to meet specific timelines and goals.
• Experience talking to donors and soliciting donations.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and social media skills.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to multitask.
• Strong computer experience, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Raiser’s Edge database experience a plus.
• Knowledge of the Los Angeles Jewish community preferred.
Essential Job Duties:
• Handle all departmental communications and related tasks including, but not limited to: responding to requests for information from donors, donor correspondence and recognition, meeting and event fundraising support and mailings.
• Assist in developing and maintaining relationships with lay leaders, board of directors, committee members and current donors in order to steward and advance relationships.
• Manage portfolio of donors (<$1,800) to support the annual campaign.
• Manage billing schedule for donors.
• Manage all program related correspondence with donors (IMPACT!, Base Visits).
• Maintain accurate records of donor information in Raiser’s Edge.
• Coordinate logistics for regional events, including local chapter steering committee meetings, annual events, parlor meetings, etc.
• Collaborate with team members on special projects and assume other responsibilities as needed to support the region.
• Provide administrative support for the office, including, but not limited to, answering phones, ordering supplies, sending tribute cards and tax receipts, etc.
• Working some evenings and weekends are required.
• Performs other duties as requested.