The Schechter School of Long Island is seeking an experienced Director of Admissions and Community Outreach who is passionate about Jewish education and eager to join a warm, engaging and innovative school community where each student is nurtured and empowered to achieve their best. Reporting to the Head of School, Director of Admissions and Community Outreach is a member of the senior administrative team and is responsible for leading the strategic and operational components of enrollment management; building relationships with feeder schools, synagogues and Jewish community centers; steward prospective families through the application and admissions process, and manages the selection process developing the research necessary to inform decision-making; and directing student recruitment, and enrollment efforts.
The Director of Admissions will need to possess skills and experience in marketing, sales, and communications, student recruitment, application evaluation, and financial aid decision-making. High energy, excellent work ethic, and dedication to customer service are essential in this position.
• Bachelor’s degree minimum and 2-3 years industry experience.
• Strong work ethic, high energy, positive attitude, flexibility, and eagerness to design solutions for problems and pursue opportunities for improvement.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• High proficiency with technology needed to complete core responsibilities.
• Ability to communicate the mission, program, and value of Schechter School of Long Island compellingly to prospective students and their families.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to respond quickly to all communications.
• Experience working as part of a collaborative team, openness to providing and receiving feedback as part of a culture of transparency.
• Commitment to professional development and lifelong learning.
• Maturity and stability sufficient for a demanding position.
• Conceptualize and implement marketing, communication and recruitment strategies designed to open-up new and invigorate existing markets as to widen the pool of mission-appropriate applicants.
• Work in conjunction with school administration team to ensure maximum re-enrollment of mission appropriate existing students.
• Lead and manage the total process of recruiting students.
• Build strong partnerships with appropriate feeder schools and organizations that will help increase applicant pool.
• Interview admissions candidates and their families and communicate with them as needed throughout the admissions process.
• Orchestrate the efficient handling of candidate applications and track the supporting credentials and documentation.
• Evaluate candidates in partnership with academic leadership, make final admissions decisions and communicate those decisions to candidates and their parents.
• Shepherd newly admitted students through the enrollment process.
• Manage the re-enrollment process for currently enrolled families.
• Organize and oversee recruitment events (In person and virtually).
• Oversee the Admissions content of the school website and social media accounts.
• Other duties as assigned by the Head of School.