SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Senior Vice President of Jewish Education & Engagement oversees the implementation of programs of excellence in Jewish education and engagement from birth through end of high school, as part of Federation’s Ensuring the Jewish Future strategic initiative. In an effort to open doors to meaningful, exciting, and relevant Jewish life to children and families, this person will ensure our programs continue to evolve and grow with strength and intention.
• Oversee department staff of approximately 15 people, with direct supervisory of VP, Early Childhood Engagement and VP, Wellness Initiatives and Teen Engagement, along other select staff in department. Department staff includes those who focus on families with young children, Jewish day schools, Jewish overnight camping, PJ Library, Family Camp, LA Jewish Teen Initiative, Wellness initiatives, and one million dollars in partnership investments
• Collaborate with other SVPs, as needed, to ensure development of creative, impactful programming to meet common goals (including SVP in Israel who oversees Israel programs)
• Liaise with Federation’s Business Intelligence Department to ensure department is maximizing learning within Data Management System and staying current in all data entry
• Serve as lead liaison with Federation departments and community partnerships in addition to community-wide events (e.g., Tour de Summer Camps)
• Represent Federation’s work in Jewish Education and Engagement and serve as a resource to relevant funders, Federations, and/or other organizations locally and nationally.
• Oversee evaluation of programmatic initiatives, ensuring intentionality and demonstration of impact.
• Oversee department budget of approximately 5 million dollars.
• Provide oversight for the development of project proposals for donors, as needed, including working with development staff in the cultivation of donors.
• Manage and oversee department lay leadership committee including developing strong partnership with Department Chair..
• Supervise additional staff, as needed
Be available to supervisor for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign and other Strategic Initiative programs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION
• Advanced Degree in Education/Social Science or related field preferred.
• Minimum of five years of management experience in Jewish education (formal, informal, and/or experiential), community relations, planning and program development functions for a Jewish communal agency, and/or fundraising.
• Expertise in the following areas: strategic planning, grant funding, supervision, or evaluation
• Knowledge of Jewish community such as Jewish day schools, overnight camping, and Jewish early childhood
• Knowledge of applied human development (early childhood and teens in particular)
• Excellent oral and written communications; interpersonal and organizational skills