About the Organization:
The world’s largest local philanthropy, UJA-Federation of New York’s mission is to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, to respond to crises close to home and far away, and to shape our Jewish future. Funds raised by UJA-Federation sustain the activities of local health, human-service, educational, and community agencies. Every day, these community-based organizations provide a multitude of services that improve and enhance people’s lives.
Are you a whiz at web production and digital marketing, passionate about optimizing user experience, familiar with digital best practices, and able to thrive and remain unflappable in a fast-paced environment? Then this role on UJA-Federation of New York’s Marketing & Communications team may be a perfect fit for you. In this role, you will be responsible for day-to-day production updates to UJA-Federation’s web properties (primarily ujafedny.org) and supporting digital marketing analytics, as well as assisting with digital marketing initiatives including email and paid search. (Please note that this role is NOT responsible for social media.) This position reports to the Director of Integrated Marketing, and works in close partnership with colleagues throughout M&C and IT.
• Implement requested updates to the organization’s web properties, working with team members and freelancers to meet the needs and goals of various audiences within the organization.
• Follow QA best practices to ensure that all content and transaction pages are functional, user-friendly, and responsive across all major devices.
• Translate design mockups to web using HTML and CSS, and manage approvals and publishing.
• Collaborate closely with the Marketing Brand Team to execute web content decisions quickly, efficiently, and with quality control to meet the needs and standards of the organization in real time.
• Respond efficiently to internal customer requests for the web channel, and provide input into enhancing the processes and systems to communicate requests to the production team.
• Use a code repository and maintain up-to-date documentation of web systems and processes.
• Perform user acceptance testing for new features from the IT development team.
• Work closely with counterparts in M&C and IT to respond to and troubleshoot website issues.
• Stay on top of industry trends and best practices in web user experience design.
• Support the development and maintenance of paid search campaigns.
• Assist with reporting of basic web and digital marketing metrics.
• Maintain basic familiarity with UJA’s email production tools, and support email team with production as necessary.
• Provide backup user support for Marketing’s project management system (Workfront).
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Basic knowledge of at least one industry-standard CMS (WordPress is a plus) and with HTML, CSS, and at least one scripting language, and an aptitude to learn more in this area
• Familiarity with digital marketing technologies including Google Analytics, email, and paid search
• Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail, with ability to document processes and maintain reference materials