Friends of the Israel Defense Forces (FIDF) was established in 1981 by a group of Holocaust survivors to provide for the wellbeing of the men and women who serve in the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) as well as the families of fallen soldiers. The Israeli Government is responsible for training the IDF and providing them with the necessary tools for their service. FIDF is committed to providing these soldiers with love, support, and care to ease the burden they carry on behalf of the Jewish community worldwide.
FIDF is a vibrant and dynamic organization that connects Jews and non-Jews to the State of Israel through the support of the Israeli Soldiers.
The Events and Content Producer will join FIDF’s Marketing team, report to the Director of Content and Production and will be responsible for the following:
• On-site lead at FIDF’s 20+ seasonal galas and main events, responsible for on-brand program execution, including on-site AV management (running cue-to-cues, “calling” the show when necessary), speaker rehearsals prior to the event, and lead POC during the event, assuring all cues are hit and ensuring flawless execution of all elements.
• Creates, curates, and edits all event content.
• Writes scripts for each event that put forth organizational messaging, event themes, and fundraising goals in an engaging and emotional context; clearly includes production cues and elements for smooth AV show flow.
• Works with Director of Content and Production to ideate and implement fresh, experiential elements into events for WOW moments that result in WOM marketing.
• Edits speeches of event speakers to ensure that they are articulate and strong, emotional, and compelling.
• Works directly with speakers to prepare them for speaking and mingling at events.
• Writes, edits, and proofreads all event-related materials such as, but not limited to, event sponsorship decks, invitations, advertisements, printed programs.
• Assists in ideating and writing scripts for videos.
• Looks for and recognizes exciting and new stories to support FIDF mission and cause.
• Travel to regional galas and main events required.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Broadcast journalism or fine arts degree preferred.
Skills and/or Experience Required:
• True passion for FIDF’s mission.
• Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred.
• Creative, energetic, highly collaborative, strong work ethic.
• 5-7 or more years of professional experience.
• Live production experience reflecting the responsibilities listed above required, along with an astute sense of aesthetics and high production values.
• Levelheaded, decisive, pragmatic, and resourceful in stressful situations; professionally represents FIDF’s brand under all circumstances.
• Adaptable, swift, and positive in finding solutions to the unexpected in fast-paced environment