The Jewish Education Project
New York, NY
Who We Are and Your Opportunity for Impact
The Jewish Education Project is devoted to ensuring that Jewish education is in tune with the forces that impact our world and our communities in a changing environment. We seek to bring the most creative solutions to a field that must continue to remain relevant and meaningful to Jews of all ages.
In an era of choice, our communal obligation is to create Jewish education experiences that are valued by Jewish families, that enhance their Jewish literacy, and that enrich their lives. The pandemic has propelled the use of technology by youth and their families, and we believe it is possible to provide quality online Jewish learning in ways that will have considerable impact on thousands of Jewish youth and their families.
Leveraging our learning over the past year with our Educator Portal, we are creating a compelling interplay between technology, educators, and learners. This fully integrated digital education platform will provide learners with high quality, meaningful, Jewish educational experiences within a top tier digital marketplace (the Outschool model) that supports individual choice and builds community. In the simplest terms, this platform will be a website that offers hundreds, and eventually thousands, of synchronous and asynchronous classes and learning opportunities to youth and their families.
For more information about The Jewish Education Project, please visit www.jewishedproject.org.
What You Will Do
The Jewish Education Project seeks an organized, systems oriented professional to play a key role in defining operational practices as we launch our new learning platform (pending a funding decision from donors in approximately 4 weeks). You will work with internal teams and external partners to ensure the operation runs efficiently and effectively. Candidates with diverse racial, cultural, educational backgrounds and experiences are urged to apply.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Global Learning Platform (new), and working very closely with the entire platform team, the Senior Project Manager will:
• Manage all “business” processes including:
o Educator onboarding (background checks, paperwork, etc.)
o Educator payments
o Platform updates and reporting
• Communicate with and support Organizational Partners including:
o Organizational agreements
o Responding to Organizational business and technical inquiries
o Facilitating processes
• Communicate with parents
o Answer inquiries
o Support registration processes
• Manager Community Building activities
o Virtual Community management
o Managing and supporting community engagement activities such as gamification or badging systems
• Responsible for Social Media and Marketing Management
o Work with marketing vendor to develop and implement recruitment promotional campaigns
o Manage Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. as it relates to the Platform.
Who You Are
• 5+ years of experience with project management or operations.
• Entrepreneurial self-starter; a problem solver with top notch planning and prioritizing skills.
• Capacity and experience to develop and implement administrative systems and practices; a systems thinker.
• Extremely strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with a wide variety of people.
• The ideal candidate will have a creative disposition and be motivated by experimentation and therefore comfortable with succeeding, failing, and pivoting.
• Strong project management and organizational skills with attention to detail and commitment to follow-through.
• Takes responsibility and ownership of his/her portfolio of work
• Flexible approach, positive attitude and commitment to The Jewish Education Project’s mission
• The ideal candidate will have multiple of the following:
o Keen understanding and hands-on experience with integrated digital marketing strategies, platforms, and associated tools including email marketing (ConstantContact, MailChimp or similar), YouTube, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, emerging platforms), Google AdWords, etc.
o Familiarity with website editing and management, especially using Drupal
o Experience with Adobe Suite or another graphic suite preferred.
o Experience using databases, Salesforce preferred
o Strong familiarity with Excel
• A persuasive and passionate communicator, both written and oral.
• Knowledge of the diverse and pluralistic Jewish landscape a plus.
What We Offer
• Salary in the range of $65,000 - $85,000 depending upon experience.
• Three weeks paid time off in year 1; increasing incrementally on a set schedule.
• Paid Family Leave.
• Comprehensive health insurance.
• 401k plan.
• Commuter benefits.
• Early close on Fridays for Shabbat and closed for most Jewish holidays.
• Shortened summer hours.
• A positive work environment with exposure to great learning opportunities and the chance to work with some of the top professionals in the field of Jewish Education.
How to Apply
Location: Remote until October 4, 2021, followed by hybrid work - three days from home or in the field, and two days at 520 Eighth Avenue, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10018.
The Jewish Education Project aims to select, place and train the best qualified persons based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class. We encourage and support diversity and tolerance in our workplace.