Temple Shir Shalom is a leading Reform Jewish congregation in Metropolitan Detroit. Our vision is to create a center for Jews with an emphasis on inclusion, community, values and social action. We believe in big dreams and making things happen.
Assistant to Rabbi Daniel Schwartz and Cantor Penny Steyer.
About the Role
Temple Shir Shalom is committed to providing a supportive, personal and unique Jewish community to each one of our members. We prioritize building relationships and creating a warm and welcoming environment for all.
• Directly assist Rabbi Schwartz and Cantor Steyer in all administrative tasks, including answering phones, managing calendars and schedules, coordinating travel arrangements, maintaining files, event coordination and logistics, and communication.
• Organize and maintain membership database, paperwork and files.
• Serve as point of contact for the Temple Office, greeting members and answering phones.
This Job Might Be For You If…
• You are dynamic, enthusiastic and outgoing. We like smiling faces here!
• You are an ace communicator and organizer—you can explain just about anything to anyone.
• Your philosophy is early is on time, on time is late—in other words, you have super-duper time-management skills.
• You’re a helper. You’re willing to jump in wherever you’re needed—sleeves
• You are comfortable asking questions and learning new things—including tech programs.
• You’re a team player—adaptable, flexible and generally fun to be around.