POSITION TITLE: Arts + Ideas Program Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time/Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director, Arts + Ideas
About the United Jewish Federation of Tidewater
The United Jewish Federation of Tidewater (UJFT) located in Virginia Beach, Virginia provides critical funding to Jewish agencies, institutions, and programs locally and around the world through our Annual Campaign. With the support of donors and volunteers, the Federation builds and fosters a vibrant and engaging Jewish community. Through its beneficiary agencies, the Federation provides support for Jews in need wherever that need may be, Jewish education for children, teens, and adults, care for Jewish elderly and those with special needs, and support for Israel.
The Arts + Ideas Program Coordinator’s primary role is to provide efficient administrative duties, perform specialized tasks, coordinate event planning, and program support for all aspects of Arts + Ideas Programming. Programs include but are not limited to the Jewish and Israeli cultural arts programs, events, Leon Family Art Gallery exhibits, and celebrations of the Simon Family Jewish Community Center/United Jewish Federation of Tidewater. Under the leadership of the Director, Arts + Ideas, the coordinator’s role is to contribute to the successful completion of projects and events and establish relationships with vendors and volunteers.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure information is communicated in a timely and accurate manner.
• Database maintenance of program information, and mass phone, mailing, and emailing functions
• Coordinate meetings via email and postal mail notices
• Responsible for scheduling and coordinating logistics of meetings and special events: including set-up, catering, etc.
• Assist Director in developing new and expanded relationships with organizations and businesses in the Jewish and greater community that will enhance commitment to and engagement through Arts Programming
• Ensures the arts programming activities are coordinated with other JCC and UJFT programs to maximize participation, impact, and benefit to JCC members and UJFT donors
• Develops ideas for measurable program objectives, evaluations, and provides regular reports on progress and results to the director
• Coordinates volunteers as needed
• Prepare presentation materials for meetings
• Draft letters, special mailings, and invitations for events or projects
• Collaborate in the development and management of educational materials and notes, agenda planning, and recruitment of speakers and attendees
• Book, oversee and/or prepare room set-ups for all meetings; including (catering, as required), all meeting items/packets and publications for distribution at meetings
• Assist Director in event management for events, activities, programs, and the coordination of volunteers; Coordinate travel arrangements
• Collaborate with other staff members and community partners on related projects
• Create and implement social media outreach to the community
• Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Competencies, and Attributes
• Associate’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, or other related and appropriate field, preferred.
• A minimum of 2 years of administrative experience, civic and community engagement, non-profit, public affairs, or related fields
• General research skills including print and internet-based.
• CRM database usage experience
• Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
• Professional demeanor, attitude, judgment, discretion, and diplomacy.
• Strong customer focus, both internally and externally, and the ability to foster this attitude and skill in others
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize; take initiative; must be detail-oriented and accurate.
• Proven proficiency in the advanced use of MS Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher.
• Excellent interpersonal, research, written, verbal communication, and proofreading skills
• Experience working collaboratively and effectively with diverse volunteers and colleagues
• Familiarity with social media platforms in order to use these tools to disseminate information and messaging
• Experience in special events, implementation, and management, helpful
• Relationship-building skills, ability to foster working relationships with multicultural groups and various faith-based audiences.
• Understanding, appreciation, and passion for the mission and values of the JCC and UJFT
• Knowledge of Jewish heritage, values, traditions, and culture, a plus
The duties outlined in this job description are to be representative, but not all-inclusive, assigned to this job. These duties may be amended at the discretion of the Chief Program Officer or Executive Vice President/CEO.
Salary commensurate with the level of experience.
To Apply For This Position
Submit cover letter, resume, and s****************ns will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.