20-24 hours, Part-Time, Flexible schedule
The Special Projects Coordinator at Hillel of Silicon Valley will work with Hillel’s team to further Hillel’s mission to inspire every Jewish student at the five campuses we serve to make meaningful and enduring commitment to Jewish life. The Special Projects Coordinator will be the point person for marketing and communications, development, special events and other administrative needs.
The Special Projects Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Executive Director, the Assistant Director, and other staff to ensure the successful implementation of Hillel of Silicon Valley’s development, communication, and program strategies.
Scope of Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Design and prepare weekly newsletter communication through Constant Contact.
- Regularly update Hillel’s website content together with Assistant Director and Program staff.
- Assist program staff in creating event flyers.
Community Outreach, Development, and Stewardship
- Assist in designing and executing multiple solicitation mailings and emails.
- Assist Executive Director in setting appointments for meetings with donors.
- Coordinate social media presence to broader community to enhance organization’s visibility and standing. Assist program staff in creating social media presence and engagement campaign to students.
- Seek and collect impact stories and quotes for campaigns from students and parents. Brainstorm innovative ways to tell our “Hillel story”.
- Communicate to community members in recognition of birthdays, deaths, and special occasions.
- Created tribute fundraising and in-kind donation campaigns and manage acknowledgements.
- Manage Hillel’s website content and coordinate updates with contracted webmaster.
L’Dor V’Dor Fundraising Event
- Assist in coordinating the work of the L’Dor V’Dor Planning Committee.
- Research/communicate with event venues and vendors.
- Manage communications to prospective sponsors, donors, and participants.
- Secure auction items.
- Manage save the dates, invitations, and event messaging.
- Manage, coordinate, and ensure completion of special projects and assignments
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, Assistant Director and other staff.
- Schedule, organize, coordinate, attend, and provide logistical support for events.
- Maintain inventory of development-related office supplies and orders, and, when necessary, obtain price comparisons for new orders.
You are qualified to:
- Skillfully interface with the various constituencies we serve with tact and diplomacy
- Handle multiple projects at the same time
- Proficiently utilize word processing (Word, Excel) and graphic design (including Canva), social media (Facebook, Instagram) and Marketing (Constant Contact) software.
- Manage time successfully to meet all deadlines.
- Share compelling stories about your work with pertinent people.
- Plan and execute projects and programs.
- Inspire others to support causes and organizations you care about through oral and written communication.
- Getting the job done with initiative and creativity.
- Work effectively under pressure.
What You’ll Get Out of It
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities.
About Hillel of Silicon Valley
Hillel of Silicon Valley is located in San Jose; a short walk away from San Jose State University. Hillel of Silicon Valley serves students at San Jose State University, Santa Clara University, De Anza College, Foothill College, and West Valley College. We welcome undergraduate and graduate students in Silicon Valley not served by another Hillel. Our mission is to provide a welcoming and supportive environment to enrich students’ college experience and enable them to connect with the Jewish community. Our quality programs create a means for students to explore the social, cultural, educational, and religious tapestries of Judaism and Israel. We support and educate for the pro-Israel voice on all of our campuses, as well as promote Israel as a destination for study and travel. In addition to the wide array of programs and events held at the Hillel House, Hillel SV maintains a visible presence at the campuses it serves.
Hillel of Silicon Valley is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.