Temple Isaiah is more than a synagogue – it is a vibrant Jewish Neighborhood of 900 member households. Our mission is to embody, enhance and perpetuate our Jewish tradition by providing a welcoming spiritual home where the membership gathers to worship God, study Torah, engage in acts of Tikkun Olam, deepen our relationship with Israel, participate in Jewish rituals and life cycle events, and experience the joy of being a part of a caring community.
We are looking for a dynamic and caring Executive Administrative Assistant to the Clergy to support the work of our clergy team. You will be primarily assisting four full-time clergy, but also help as needed to support our front office administrative team. You will manage the clergy’s calendars as well as interface with congregants regarding sensitive personal issues such as deaths and pastoral needs. We seek someone who can maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and respect when dealing with both the clergy as well as the congregation. This role is a multitasking position seeking someone who is calm, patient and can “keep many balls in the air at the same time.”
The Assistant to the Clergy will also undertake a variety of office tasks such as photocopying, scanning, set-up for meetings, and running errands, to name a few. We seek someone with professional and congenial phone and people skills, reliability, and a strong work ethic. Temple Isaiah offers a professional, supportive, and collaborative workplace. At the same time the work can be fast-paced, demanding and requires creating a warm and welcoming experience for all who call or visit. A “customer”-oriented approach is essential. The person in this role should be comfortable with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Dropbox, Outlook, Google Calendar, and basic database proficiency.
Clergy Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage clergy calendars, including scheduling appointments, meetings, lessons, etc.
• Be the first point of contact to assist and connect those in need of clergy support
• Organize and maintain files and records
• Create and maintain updated documents, spreadsheets, and software programs
• Coordinate life cycle event communications and certificates
• Operate office equipment, such as photocopier, scanner, etc.
• Maintain contact lists
• Photocopy as needed
• E-mail reminders to a variety of constituencies
• Special projects as needed
• Assist front office staff when needed
• Order supplies, ritual items and gifts as needed by clergy
Clergy Assistant Requirements and Qualifications
• High School diploma; additional qualifications will be a plus
• Successful work experience in a fast-paced office setting
• Strong working knowledge of office procedures
• Ability to effectively use and maintain office equipment
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Meticulous attention to detail and strong copy editing/proofreading skills
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, database and computer systems and email.
• Proficiency using and administrating Zoom
• Great organizational and multitasking abilities
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
• Self-starter who can take direction, work independently and anticipate the needs of others
• Strong emotional intelligence and ability to maintain confidentiality