Early Learning Center Director Temple Beth David, Westwood MA
Temple Beth David is seeking an experienced, energetic, organized, and caring leader with strong interpersonal and communication skills to help create and direct a new Early Learning Center, planning to open in September 2021. Come grow with us! Following several years of exploration and consultation, our community is excited and eager to bring to life our vision for quality early childhood education, with an appreciation for Jewish values and cultural diversity. Our bright and spacious setting is ready to welcome young children and their families. We are looking for an innovative director to work in partnership with our rabbis, educators and Early Learning Committee to develop the program, guide MA licensing, shape curriculum, market to and communicate with potential families, and hire teachers. We plan to start small, with two rooms serving toddler and preschool age children, with partial and extended day options.
Temple Beth David is a Reform synagogue located in Westwood, MA serving a broad, diverse community of surrounding towns. We have experienced growth in families with young children in recent years. The time is right for us to take this next step forward to establish a nurturing and dynamic early learning center.
· Establish and advance the vision and mission of the early learning center in collaboration with the temple
· Oversee daily operations of the early learning center, assuring compliance with all MA EEC regulations
· Maintain high quality standards of early education and care for all children
· Market and grow the program, give tours, oversee enrollment
· Recruit, supervise, and mentor teachers
· Facilitate staff schedules, meetings and classroom observations
· Develop child-centric academic and social-emotional curriculum along with education staff
· Develop and implement policies and procedures, parent handbook, staff contracts, and health
and safety guidelines in accordance with EEC requirements
· Communicate effectively with parents, foster and maintain positive relationships with
families, and support parents with child development
· Work with temple lay leaders and staff to shape and oversee annual budget, tuition, payroll,
and financial records
· Demonstrate openness, understanding and commitment to children with diverse backgrounds,
interests, and abilities
· Provide vision and nurture creative learning opportunities in an inviting, inclusive
· Partner with rabbis to infuse Jewish values, holidays, and cultural experiences into the
program and connect the early learning center with synagogue life
· Demonstrate willingness to participate in continued professional development and keep up to
date on early childhood research and trends
· EEC Director I or II Certification
· CEUs in Child Care Administration
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferred in Early Childhood Education or Administration or
· At least three years of experience as Director or Lead Teacher
· Knowledgeable about all EEC licensing guidelines
· Experience supervising teachers and developing curriculum preferred
· Strong leadership and management skills
· Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
· Self-starter, organized, flexible, caring, approachable
· Commitment to teamwork
· Appreciation of Jewish cultural experiences and values
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Health benefits, paid vacation and most national and Jewish holidays off.
How to Apply:
Please send your Cover**************************mber 2021. *Start date is flexible – we are looking for a director to start part-time in the spring of 2021 to assist with licensing and opening.