The Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit
Position Title: Senior Fundraiser
The Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit (Federation) is seeking a Senior Fundraiser to join our world-class Philanthropic Advancement team. The Senior Fundraiser develops and maintains a close and longstanding relationship with key donors to Federation’s Annual Campaign, community endowment campaigns and other philanthropic vehicles.
For a dynamic and community-minded individual with a passion for fundraising, the Senior Fundraiser role offers the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of individuals across Jewish Detroit and beyond. The impact of this work directly strengthens our local and international Jewish communities, as well as providing purpose and connection to our community supporters.
About the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit
For over one hundred years, the Detroit Jewish community has maintained a legacy of extraordinary strength, cohesion and vibrancy. To this day, we stand among the most generous and committed communities to be found anywhere.
The Jewish Federation is the leader for philanthropy and engagement across Jewish Detroit. We are a community-driven organization committed to taking care of the needs of the Jewish People and building a vibrant Jewish future, in Metropolitan Detroit, in Israel and around the world.
Core Job Functions
• Play a lead role in Federation’s fundraising efforts, including the Annual Campaign, Major Gifts, the Jewish Community Endowment Fund Campaign, Planned Giving Programs, Corporate and Foundation Programs.
• Serve as primary relationship-manager and steward for a portfolio of major donors.
• Identify and develop major donor prospects to ensure the ongoing strength of the Annual Campaign.
• Articulate a case for giving to Federation and exhibit a commitment to Federation’s mission.
• Work collaboratively with the Philanthropic Advancement team members, lay leadership and key members of supporting departments across the organization.
Knowledge, Abilities and Attributes
• Dynamic, people-oriented individual with excellent relationship-building skills.
• Proven track record of success in donor stewardship and gift-closing.
• Demonstrated success working closely with volunteer leadership.
• Strong personal drive, independence and initiative.
• Minimum of five (5) years of related fundraising experience.
• Excellent judgment and discretion.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively as a team player and independently.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Demonstrates the utmost professionalism and integrity.
• Understanding of Jewish values and belief in the Federation’s mission.
Click to apply: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx