Adath Israel is a vibrant Conservative Synagogue in Merion Station, Pennsylvania. We are a thriving Jewish community on the Main Line with approximately 800 families. We are looking to engage a dynamic and caring full time Clergy Administrative Assistant. Here are a few words from our outgoing Clergy Admistrative Assistant:
Come, apply for my wonderful job. For the past nine years I have had the pleasure of being the clergy administrative assistant at Adath Israel. It’s now time for me to retire. If you would like to work with a couple of energetic, creative, intelligent, compassionate rabbis and become part of a warm community, look no further. I want to hand this position over to the right person who will enjoy helping the rabbis and new cantor serve the Adath Israel community. Among the skill set needed for this position are a willingness to learn, adaptability, ability to keep confidentiality, take pride in one’s work and a good sense of humor.
Your primary responsibilities are to assist the clergy of Adath Israel as well as being a member of our front office administrative team. We are seeking someone who can maintain the highest level of confidentiality and respect when dealing with both clergy as well as members of our congregation. This position requires excellent communication skills, being detail oriented, patience and calm. Knowledge of Jewish life is helpful! We are seeking someone with professional and congenial phone and people skills, reliability and willingness to work collaboratively with the front office staff. This person should be comfortable with Microsoft Office, DropBox, Google Drive and Google Docs and calendar. Knowledge of ShulCloud is a plus!
Clergy Administrative Assistant Responsibilities, not limited to:
• Be the first point of contact to assist and connect those in need of clergy support
• Manage clergy calendars, including scheduling Prepare materials as needed and requested by clergy Prepare materials for Shabbat
• Maintain High Holiday honors and work with lay leaders
• Maintain weekly/monthly yahrzeit and misheberach lists
• Maintain clergy correspondence
• Assist front office staff as needed
Clergy Administrative Assistant Requirements and Qualifications:
• Successful work experience in an office and/or synagogue setting
• Strong working knowledge of office procedures
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Discretion in handling confidential information and sensitive matters of congregant care.
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, database and computer systems
• Excellent organizational skills
• Self-starter who can take direction, work independently and anticipate the needs of others