Founded 110 years ago, Young Judaea is America’s oldest Zionist youth movement, turning Jewish youth of diverse backgrounds and orientations into engaged leaders and inspired activists with a life-long commitment to Israel, Jewish life and tikkun olam (repairing the world). Through immersive informal and experiential education, Young Judaea fosters a sense of value and love for Jewish tradition and ritual and pride in the Jewish people, Israel and being Jewish, while instilling a sense of stewardship for the world.
With 70,000 alumni, an extensive camps network, a teen youth movement, Israel experiences and leadership development programs, Young Judaea has a strong – and unique – track record in producing a cadre of Jews who contribute their talents and passion throughout Israel, their Jewish communities, and the world at large. This is critical given the social networks that define today’s world; we aim to expand the number of Judaeans who can act as influencers, sharing their connection to and perspectives on Israel, the meaningful nature of Judaism, and the power of social change.
Young Judaea is seeking a Office Administrator who will be responsible for coordinating and operating organizational systems (registration, CRM, phone, computer), as well as serving as the primary professional for using the organizational database to track donations, donor engagements, grants and produce data reports/lists for communications efforts. The Office Administrator will also be responsible for coordinating with the telecommunications and Information Technology vendors as well as other systems related to the Young Judaea office. Additional operational, administrative, and support responsibilities as needed.
• Data entry: maintaining donor database and paper files for two Young Judaea entities – Young Judaea Global and Camp Tel Yehudah
• Donor correspondence – produces and mails thank you letters/ notecards statements and outstanding pledge invoices for Young Judaea Global and Camp Tel Yehudah
• Event support as needed
• Responsible for daily office management such as ensuring availability of and ordering office supplies
• Coordination of conference room scheduling.
• Communicates with vendors for online payment processing, building management, security and maintenance, telecommunications, Information Technology
• Maintenance of staff directory, Young Judaea Global board lists, shared program calendar
• Power user for organizational CRM; develops custom reports, produces regular reports for communications, development, and finance team; primary contact with salesforce consultants
• Onboarding new employees on all organization systems and procedures; trains existing team on new updates to systems or new systems
• Executes daily use of registration system, including processing payments, receipts, reports, and producing lists
Qualifications / Skills:
• Pays close attention to detail and extremely efficient
• Ability to multitask and thrives in high-paced re-start up environment
• Comfortable with database systems and facile with technology
• Extremely organized and appreciates developing systems and organization
• Easy going personality – “can do” attitude - friendly
• Proactive and steps in to take care of things when they need taking care of
Salary Range: $45,000-55,000 commensurate with experience and competitive benefit package.