The Jewish Graduate Student Initiative, JGSI, is the only national organization solely dedicated to Jewish graduate students. We support Jewish graduate student associations on campus and host top-notch programs off campus, all across the U.S. JGSI's mission is to support Jewish life on graduate campuses and to connect Jewish grad students and alumni to their heritage and the greater Jewish community.
JGSI is looking for a Director of Marketing to oversee all our marketing and communications efforts. This individual is responsible for the strategy and execution for all marketing materials, both print and digital, administration of all our social media efforts, and directing our email marketing campaigns.
The right candidate for this role will be able to think strategically and creatively, is extremely organized with an acute attention to detail, a strong writer, able to juggle many projects at once, and great working with people.
The Director of Marketing will manage timelines and schedules for the production and deployment of all materials. digital presence, the development, execution, and implementation of online marketing strategies for JGSI’s website and brand.
This is a full-time, REMOTE position and can be done from anywhere.
Role and responsibilities:
• Develop and coordinate all aspects of our social media strategy by creating and implementing a Social media calendar for all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn).
• Execute the production of copy writing and asset management and work closely with the COO and CEO on all marketing needs, including but not limited to: Emails, Landing and Registration Pages, Website, Social Media, Ads
• Create original, engaging content for social media and post to our various channels on an ongoing basis: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
• Analyze and report on social media content performance on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Track performance across various platforms using internal and external analytics tools (Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, etc.)
• Utilize insights on trends and opportunities to recommend future marketing activities.
• Create and distribute mailchimp campaigns
• Develop custom targeting lists and integrated CRM campaigns
• Development and implementation of strategies to drive web traffic, including paid advertising, search advertising, and search engine optimization
• Collecting and analyzing data and results to identify trends in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search
• Excellent organizational skills a must
• Must be extremely detail oriented and able to multi-task in an exceptionally busy environment
• Excellent written, oral, and proofreading skills
• Pro-active and energetic; ability to work on own with minimal daily supervision
• Team player with “customer service” mentality and ability to work with many people and personalities
• A do-whatever-it-takes attitude and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
• 4+ years marketing experience, emphasis on communication strategy preferred
• Bachelor’s degree
• A passion for digital media and staying on top of digital trends
• Must have experience with Mailchimp, Facebook Business Manager
• Graphic design skills and experience with programs a plus