Valley Beth Shalom’s Early Childhood Center, a vibrant synagogue program in Encino, is expanding and we are looking for experienced classroom teachers (for children ages 2-5) for Fall (and Summer) 2021. Ideal candidates will be energetic, collaborative, innovative, warm, committed to Jewish values and have a solid background in developmentally appropriate, emergent and play-based curriculum. Half and full day positions available.
- Responsibilities include:
- Curriculum planning, implementation, documentation and reflection
- Assessment of children’s developmental needs and goal setting
- Ongoing collaboration with teaching teams, administration, Temple staff and families
- Qualified Candidates must possess:
- Effective oral and written communication
- Flexibility, creativity and the ability to see the world through childrens’ eyes
- Curiosity and a joy for life-long learning
- 12 core ECE units (CA Child Development Teaching permit and/or BA in Early Childhood or Child Development preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years experience as lead or co-lead teacher
Come join us! Spend your days working in a supportive and playful environment. We care for teachers, respect their individual talents, support them in achieving work-home balance and invest in their professional growth. Forward resume and brief personal introduction to Renee Kalmanson, Assistant Director.