We are seeking a creative and competent educational leader for Temple Beth Or in Everett Washington. TBO is a warm, inclusive Reform community which is religiously and geographically diverse. We hope to find a part-time professional Jewish educator who will partner with our rabbi and our community to create an innovative educational program that speaks to our members, inspires others to join us and envisions Jewish education as a living, relevant part of our lives.
• Lead the work to craft an excellent, rich and relevant educational program, in partnership with our Rabbi and community
• Supervise our Tots, Sunday school, Hebrew school and Youth groups
• Supervise and support teachers in their work and growth
• Prepare the budget and calendar
• Communicate and coordinate with families and lay leadership
• Design and implement new programs as the enthusiasm of the educational team and the interests of the community suggest
• Master or Bachelor degree in Jewish education
• Deep knowledge of and passion for Jewish learning
• 5 Years or more experience working in the field
• Experience supporting learners with special needs (learning, social and emotional)
• Interest in collaboration, innovation, creativity
• A love of children
As a Reform congregation and member of the Union for Reform Judaism, Temple Beth Or meets the spiritual and religious needs of a large cross-section of the Snohomish, Island, Skagit and North King Counties’ Jewish community. Our families come from a wide variety of backgrounds. Interfaith families play a vital role in the life of our temple and we welcome the participation and leadership of all those who enrich our Jewish community.