About the Organization
Through the development of community-wide financial support, planning and allocations, the mission of the Milwaukee Jewish Federation is to ensure the continuity of the Jewish people, to enhance the quality of Jewish life and to build a strong unified Jewish community in Milwaukee, in Israel and throughout the world. In fulfilling its mission, the Federation is committed to the principles of Klal Yisrael (the collective unity of the Jewish people), tzedakah (the obligation to care for one another) and tikkun olam (improving the society in which we live). Learn more about the Milwaukee Jewish Federation.
The Senior Donor Officer (SDO) participates in analysis of current donors to grow donor giving across all giving levels. The SDO is responsible for overseeing affinity group giving planning and implementation. The SDO implements strategies to ensure the growth of mid-range gifts of the annual campaign, while maintaining a large portfolio of active donors with pre-determined goals and outcomes.
Portfolio of Gift Prospects and Donors
• Manage relationships for assigned donors including cultivating, keeping them informed and making annual and any integrated asks
• Implement effective tracking, reporting and communications for Affinity Groups as defined
• Serve as a proactive donor relationship manager
• Prepare and implement a strategic plan for the cultivation and solicitation of an assigned portfolio.
• Identify new high capacity prospects for assignment in consultation with Financial Resource Development Team
• Responsible for growing the mid-range gifts of the annual campaign, while maintaining a large portfolio of active donors with pre-determined goals and outcomes
• Responsible for organizing and leading events to attract new and existing donors to increase engagement with MJF
• Working in coordination with FRD team to effectively manage campaign records and timelines
• Maximize face to face solicitation creating new relationships to steward giving increase
• Work with program staff as needed to acquire knowledge needed to solicit gifts and build donor relationships effectively
• Ability to effectively increase gift giving by moving donors to the next tier of giving.
• Works to ensure the achievement of campaign targets to support strategic organizational priorities by energizing and engaging funding sources.
• Recruit, train and manage volunteers for mid-range ($1,000 – $9,999 for MJF range standard) giving
• Evaluate and analyze performance of fundraising activities related to campaign giving
• Work closely with marketing team to effectively communicate to contingency to maximize donor giving
• Identify and cultivate affinity groups to increase involvement and donor giving on both local and national level
• Key participant in strategic planning and evaluation for annual campaign giving
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 5 - 7 years plus of development, sales or related experience.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
• A front-line fundraiser with proven track record of donor cultivation and solicitation experience required, including successful solicitation of four and five figure gifts and above.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and the ability to network to develop donor prospects.
• Strong organizational skills and an ability to develop strategic plans and implement those plans.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tell compelling stories to inspire donors.
• Ability to use discretion when handling and communicating sensitive information.
• Knowledge of Milwaukee Jewish community preferred.
• Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
• Proficiency in Office 365 products and CRM’s.
• There is no supervisory responsibility for this position
• This job operates in a professional office environment with pleasant working conditions, good lighting, ventilation, reasonable quietness, and reasonably regular work hours. This role frequently uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• This is largely a sedentary role; however occasional filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. On rare occasions it may be necessary to lift and/or move up to 15-20 pounds, usually waist high. There will be frequent computer usage which will require arm and hand dexterity as well as all vision abilities to be successful. Mobility in the community is required.