The Emery/Weiner School seeks a dynamic, innovative, and collegial Judaics Teacher to join our collaborative faculty. Responsibilities include teaching five sections of Judaics and serving as an advisor as well as participation in student life, coaching, and chaperoning duties according to the experience of the candidate and needs of the school. A strong candidate will have a minimum of five years of teaching experience and a desire to teach in a progressive, student-centered independent school that values innovative pedagogy and experiential education. An outstanding candidate should be able to demonstrate a track record of innovation, flexibility, collegiality, and student success. Coaching experience would be considered a plus.
This position requires a professional who:
• Is passionate about teaching Judaic Studies to Middle School students.
• Serves as a content expert and seeks out opportunities to expand his or her knowledge.
• Thrives on a collaborative team which promotes daily brainstorming and creative thinking.
• Exhibits a growth mindset and continually improve the way he or she operates.
• Masters diverse teaching styles and allows for student-led questioning and discussion and student-developed assignments.
• Embraces classroom technology integration as a tool for learning
• Provide direct instruction to students, individually or in small groups, during class and outside of the classroom.
• Implement strategies to help students with content mastery.
• Teach five sections of Judaics classes,
• Assess students’ academic and social development,
• Provide consistent oral and written communication to students and families,
• Serve as advisor to a small cohort of students,
• Collaborative work on grade-level, department, and interdisciplinary faculty teams,
• Contribute to the life of the school outside the classroom.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Jewish Studies, Education, or related field
• Comfort with innovative and forward-thinking approaches to instruction
• A strong a commitment to professional growth
• Advanced degree in Education, or related field
• Minimum of 5 years of proven success teaching Upper School and/or Middle School students
• Experience teaching in independent schools
• Experience and willingness to coach an athletic sport
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume, ************************