The Jewish Federation of Howard County (JFHC) is seeking a full-time (37.5 hour per week) experienced Development Assistant. The assistant will work to support the Annual Campaign Director to maintain accurate donor lists, manage all aspects of event registrations, and assist other JFHC staff members as needed.
The Jewish Federation of Howard County is committed to maintaining a safe work environment. The Development Assistant will be expected to work remotely, as well as in person, when safety allows.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Assist with Annual Campaign plans and carry them out as directed; manage the Annual Campaign donation process; update donor records as needed; track donations; and ensure reports are accurate.
• Process event, vendor, and volunteers’ invoices, assuring all necessary documentation are collected and entered accurately for payment.
• Support a variety of annual fundraising events throughout the year, maintaining event registration lists, assisting with setup and breakdown of events, preparing thank you letters, and tracking donations.
• Assist with End of Year Annual Campaign plans.
• Participate in phone and email solicitations (during December and June, and as needed).
• Assist with a variety of programs and administrative needs related to JFHC programs, as needed.
• Work with Finance associate to ensure proper documenting and storage of financial documents.
• Coordinate the completion of volunteers’ Criminal Background Checks and driving records, and related documents for JFHC’s volunteers; keep track of completed documents; submit copies to volunteers for their records
• When needed, serve a receptionist at front desk, and answer telephone calls.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to work with volunteers and community leadership
• Ability to organize and prioritize assignments
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
• Ability to work some evenings and Sundays
• Experience with donor database/CRM systems preferred
• Experience with processing donations or finance background preferred
• Knowledge of Jewish and local non-profit organizations in Howard County preferred
Compensation & Benefits
Salary Range: $30,000-$35,000 annually.
The Jewish Federation of Howard County offers a competitive package, including health insurance, 401(k) employer match, employer-paid life insurance and long-term disability, flexible spending plan, and a complimentary membership to the Jewish Community Center. We make work/life balance a priority offering generous paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
To learn more about JFHC and our mission, visit http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.