About Golda Och Academy
Golda Och Academy is a vibrant learning community that focuses on the individual intellectual, social, and spiritual needs of each child. We cultivate in students a lifelong love of learning within the context of Jewish knowledge and heritage. Our school is located on two campuses — one for the Lower School and one for the Upper School — located about two miles apart in West Orange, serving approximately 500 students from more than 60 communities across New Jersey. In the tradition of Solomon Schechter schools, Golda Och Academy grounds a rigorous academic curriculum in the culture and tenets of Conservative Judaism and welcomes students from a range of synagogue affiliations and Jewish expression.
Golda Och Academy is accepting applications for a General Studies teacher at the Lower School campus for the 2021-2022 school year.
Strong candidates will be certified and have demonstrated success in teaching elementary-aged students. Candidates should possess excellent communication, organization, and classroom management skills, and be collaborative and team-oriented. A commitment to customer service and parent partnership is expected. Experience integrating technology in the classroom along with the ability to differentiate instruction to effectively work with a range of learners is required.
• At least three years of relevant teaching experience preferred
• M.A. and/or certification preferred
• Computer Proficient
• Ability and willingness to work with students in various group settings using multiple teaching methods
• Strong classroom management skills
• Commitment to meaningful collaboration with colleagues
• Excellent communication skills and commitment to keeping parents informed and engaged
• Interest in professional growth and commitment to continuous learning