The Mussar Institute advances the study and practice of Mussar, a Jewish path of character development and spiritual growth leading to awareness, wisdom, and transformation. Through experiential online and in-person courses based on classic and contemporary sources, The Mussar Institute inspires individuals, organizations, and communities around the world, regardless of affiliation, to align heart and mind with the highest ideals of the Jewish tradition. We are looking to fill the position of Teen Program Associate, a PART-TIME, 20-HOURS PER WEEK, REMOTE, FLEX-TIME position that reports to the Teen Program Manager.
We are seeking a person with a genuine interest in Judaism and teen engagement to partner with and provide support to TMI’s Teen Program Manager in order to ensure the successful virtual implementation and “relaunch” of TMI’s Teen Mussar Program, Challenges and Choices: A Jewish Teen’s Guide to a Balanced Life (www.mussarinstitute.org/challenges-choices-teens), bringing the curriculum online and to a broad teen audience. The Teen Program Associate will report directly to the Teen Program Manager and will interact as needed with the Director of Administration and the Director of Communications, and their Program Assistant. Position start date is May 1, 2021 or earlier.
• Serves as point-person and coordinator for active teen program user sites, supporting facilitator and student registration, program navigation, fielding program concerns and needs, and other ad hoc queries, ensuring the Teen Program Manager is responsive to critical issues and developing site requests.
• In partnership with the Teen Program Manager, establishes system for tracking progress of Teen Program user sites including: pre and post surveys for students and facilitator, response to user requests, providing program updates, offering marketing materials, collecting evaluative data, and following up on facilitator training needs.
• Working with the Teen Program Manager, oversees the management and organization of unit/middot (character traits) specific supplemental resources as the teen program moves to a virtual learning platform, working in collaboration with the Part-Time Teen Program Curriculum Researcher.
• Supports development and dissemination of regular communications to Teen Program user sites, including but not limited to: site check-ins, program updates and reports, new supplementary materials, and facilitator networking.
• BA in Education, Jewish Studies, or Non-Profit Business Administration preferred
• Has strong organizational skills and initiative
• At least 2 years of work experience preferred
• Interest in Jewish education and passion for teen engagement a plus
• Proficient with word processing, spreadsheets, use of cloud-based applications, data entry and basic reporting, LMS experience preferred
• Friendly, effective and professional communication and customer service skills, including: email, telephone, and videoconferencing proficiencies
• Candidate must have their own computer and telephone; reliable, high speed internet access; and computer microphone and video camera for web-based meetings
• Candidate must be willing to and able to video conference over Zoom and learn new technology as needed
• $20 per hour x 20 hours = $400/week = $1,600/month (possibility of increased hours)
• This is a contract position; no benefits included with compensation
• To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Teen Program Manager, *******************************d without cover letters will not be considered for the position.