IsraelLINK is the middle school education department of StandWithUs. The IsraelLINK curriculum serves as a learner-centered, digitally interactive, experiential Israel curriculum for middle schools and speaks to the core values of today’s youth. IsraelLINK uses project-based learning and a variety of activities that enable Jewish students to explore their historical connection to Israel while establishing their own, unique relationship with the modern State of Israel.
As the IsraelLINK Midwest coordinator, your position will be to support the 60+ active IsraelLINK institutions in the Midwest while expanding our reach throughout the region. In addition to connecting with our already established network of Midwest educators, you will also provide teacher training on the IsraelLINK curriculum and serve as an integral part of the IsraelLINK and StandWithUs Midwest departments.
• Will receive the opportunity to be on the cutting edge in the emerging field of Israel education.
• Has a background in either formal or informal Jewish education.
• Is knowledgeable about the Jewish community and has an understanding and appreciation of the diversity that exists within it.
• Is familiar with Israel.
• Enjoys working with and creating within an awesome team dynamic.
• Will be a community-builder.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Cultivates and develops a network of relationships throughout the Midwest in support of, and for participation in, the program.
• Presents program to heads of schools, rabbis, and educators.
• Provides tech and content training to educators.
• Troubleshoots with schools to customize curriculum for their needs.
• Regular follow up and school visits.
• Reports and provides updates to the IsraelLINK national director and StandWithUs regional director.
• Engages in outreach via social media, email, and phone calls.
• Coordinates projects and responsibilities for the department’s summer interns.
• Reports monthly to the StandWithUs Midwest Board of Trustees and attends all meetings.
• Assists in the ongoing effort to grow IsraelLINK curriculum, including cultivation of new units and educational materials.
• Coordinates, oversees, and teaches the Midwest IsraelLINK Connect program.
• Attends conferences approved by the IsraelLINK national director, representing IsraelLINK and tabling when available.
• Maintains a team player approach in the StandWithUs Midwest office.
• When needed, helps represent all StandWithUs departments at area programs and conferences.
• Passion for Israel and Israel education
• Project management skills
• Jewish education and/or camp counselor experience a plus
• General knowledge of Jewish community, synagogue, and day school structure
• Excellent research and writing skills
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple detailed projects at once
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize work to meet deadlines
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and ability to learn the IsraelLINK program
• Bachelor’s degree
Competitive salary range. Professional development and growth opportunities within the organization.