Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking an Associate, Community Relations & Stewardship.
The Associate manages a portfolio of independent work and provides programmatic and administrative support to the Community Relations and Stewardship team in the execution of the program. The position requires a commitment to quality control, accuracy, and follow-up. The Community Relations Associate will be exposed to situations requiring considerable discretion, judgment, tact, diplomacy, and timely responsiveness.
• Under the direction of the Director, Community Relations and Stewardship Operations, plays a significant role in the acknowledgment process. Ensures acknowledgments are sent in a timely manner.
• Manages the birthday greeting process. Coordinates and tracks communication through physical cards, emails, or personal outreach from the CEO.
• Partners with Director, Community Relations and Stewardship Operations on the production of recognition lists. Manages pieces of this work independently as assigned.
• Provides ongoing support, data entry, and reporting for CRS metrics.
• Assists with the preparation and distribution of donor proposals and stewardship reports.
• Ensures all broad-based CRS activity is recorded in Maven in keeping with CRS standards.
• Responsibilities include administrative services of a complex, confidential, and sometimes urgent nature.
• Performs special projects using organizational skills and individual judgment as requested.
• Participates in various departmental and organizational events and study opportunities where appropriate and when interested.
• Performs other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 2-3 years of related office experience; experience performing independent projects preferred.
• High standards of excellence, superior attention to detail, and a commitment to accuracy and follow through.
• Excellent organizational and written communication skills.
• Effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and manage complex tasks, work independently and under pressure.
• Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react resourcefully under varying conditions.
• Ability to create and accurately proofread documents and correspondence.
• Ability to work well in team-oriented environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
• High proficiency in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, Database, and Internet. Experience with Constant Contact preferred.
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Commitment to donor service.
• Sense of humor.
• Familiarity with the Jewish community is a plus.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx_ID=3557264
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.