The Center for the Advancement of Jewish Education (CAJE-Miami), the educational arm of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation, is seeking a full-time, flexible, organized, self-motivated administrative assistant with excellent people/customer service skills and general ledger/ accounting knowledge.
Anticipated start date of mid-June or possibly earlier. This job is based at our offices located at 4200 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, FL 33137.
CAJE-Miami has a budget of over $3M with 15 employees that serve our 6 markets/departments: Adults, Miami Jewish Film Festival, Teens, Day Schools, Congregational Education and Early Childhood education. The Administrative Assistant reports to and meets regularly with the Financial Manager of CAJE-Miami as well as occasionally with the Program Manager for the Day School Department on teacher licensing issues.
Working in a team environment, this position provides administrative support to the Financial and Day School Departments.
Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
• Maintain the company’s monthly American Express receipts, while keeping an Excel spread sheet with name of vendors, account numbers and amounts, balancing to the end of month invoice
• Daily data entry- Journal entries for TFB pension transactions
• Assist in accounting department as needed
Donor Perfect Program
• Learning the Donor Perfect program (CAJE’s database)
• Daily data entry- Funds received through payment sources not compatible with Donor Perfect, electronic donations and grants, checks received and personal information as needed
• Creates DP reports upon request for each department
• Merge and mailing of donation letters as requested
• Issue and track pledges for special events
• Maintain database of current and new donor’s information
Teacher Fringe Benefits-Pension Plan
• Maintain TFB daily log of contribution payments and spread sheets as they are received, along with transmittal dates (processed dates) to insure we are IRS compliance
• Follow up with schools if contributions are not received on time to avoid being delinquent
• Review the TFB Excel spreadsheets, assuring listed participants are enrolled and verify the spreadsheet balances to the bank’s EFT for each payroll period from the schools
• Transmit contribution files to the pension provider
• Assist in calculating teacher’s health and pension payments based on TFB eligibility guidelines
• Assist with special projects as needed
Judaic Studies and Hebrew Language Teacher Certification
Oversee and manage teacher certification process by:
• Communicating with teachers regarding applying for certification and renewal of certification
• Reviewing documentation for appropriate completion of coursework/ credits submitted by teachers within 15 days of receipt
• Informing applicants by email of any missing documents and/or credits
• Sending certificate to teachers once all requirements have been met
• Keeping teacher files updated and organized
Who You Are
• Interpersonal Skills: Excellent people/customer service skills needed to communicate with school staff by telephone.
• Accuracy and Detail-Oriented: Pays very careful attention to data entry tasks to achieve very high accuracy of entry.
• Maintains Confidentiality: Ability to deal with sensitive material discreetly and confidentially.
• Computer Proficiency: Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Accounting programs (Financial Edge), and ability to learn Donor Perfect (database program)
• Accounting Knowledge: General ledger functions and the month-end/ year end close process.
• Planning/Organizing: Ability to prioritize work from multiple sources and meet deadlines. Requires excellent organization of own work.
• Adaptability: The individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages multiple and competing demands and is able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events with grace.
• Dependability: The individual is consistently on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback in order to improve performance.
• Self-motivated: Able to operate without constant supervision.
• Written and Oral Communication: Command of the English language, including written and oral communication skills; professional telephone manner. Bilingual a plus.
What We Offer
• A supportive, encouraging environment with a great team of colleagues
• Excellent benefits: 10 days paid vacation per year for the first three years, 5 additional days after three years, thereafter,1 additional per year up to 20 days a year; 12 sick days a year; excellent medical, vision, dental, life insurance, pension, long term disability, optional Short Term Disability
• Work schedule: Some flexibility in office hours, leave early for Shabbat on Friday, closed all Jewish and legal holidays
• Visit our website caje-miami.org
Benefits: paid vacation, sick leave, medical, vision, dental, 403(b), pension plan, long term disability, leave early for Shabbat, life insurance, optional STD
Other Benefits Unpaid Family Leave up to 12 weeks, paid vacation and sick days, all Jewish and legal holidays
Preferred Experience: 4 years or more
Preferred Degree: Bachelors
High school diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred; four or more years of experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CAJE/Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer.