The Aleph institute is a national nonprofit Jewish faith-based organization that has operated for more than 36 years providing social, humanitarian and faith-based services to individuals who are incarcerated, as well as their families, and to people serving in the United States armed forces. Our programs cover an array of constitutional and religious services for all members including family and children's services, at-risk intervention programs, and alternative sentencing based on the belief that no individual should be alone or forgotten. We are a proponent for the reformation of the criminal justice system and the reduction of recidivism rates through alternative sentencing methods and reentry services. Please see more about our organization at www.aleph-institute.org and about Project Tikvah at www.projecttikvah.org
Partnership Relationship Manager:
The Aleph Institute is looking for a national Partnership Relationship Manager to fill a critical role on our team by working with our program staff to establish relationships with external partners who can help either a) build strategic partnerships with other organizations with shared policy and advocacy interests, or b) connect our clients with needed services such as vocational training, housing referral services, mental health services, etc. The ideal candidate will be comfortable assessing needs in coordination with program staff, researching and identifying potential partners with commonalities to our work, and reaching out to them with a goal of creating and fostering these relationships. A background in social work is strongly preferred.
The Partnership Relationship Manager will be able to represent Aleph’s leadership team with confidence, establishing high-level strategic partnerships with other organizational leaders and program staff in ways that will help Aleph achieve its organizational goals.
As a part of their role, they will foster the relationships necessary in order to enable us to make “warm” referrals when needed in real time, helping our clients and their families to get critical services as soon as the need is identified. Additionally, they will need to take a leadership role in establishing a functional database with information about the partnerships developed that can benefit all agents of the organization.
We’re looking for a person who enjoys connecting with others and maintaining relationships, and who will enjoy supporting these efforts on the behalf of our team. They should have creative abilities to connect with people and foster long-term relationships with key targeted partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create an effective approach to partner outreach and relationship management
• Identify and foster organizational alliances and partnerships through internal staff leads as well as independent research in the nonprofit/ social services landscape
• Help create a system by which internal staff can communicate client needs to the Partnership Relationship Manager for partnership research and development a timely manner
• Research partners, identify key players and generate interest in mutually beneficial relationships to meet clients’ needs
• Collaborate with program staff and senior management to identify community resources, maintain existing and create new partner relationships
• Develop pathways to ensure prioritization of our clients’ needs with community partners who can offer needed services
• Ensure a positive experience with community partners when working with our organization - you will represent our organization and be our partners’ liaison internally
• Maintain a database of national partnerships so that services can be accessed as soon as needs are identified.
• Keep great ongoing relationships with current partners and identify new ways to grow the partnership
Requirements and Qualifications:
• BA/BS strongly preferred
• Social work background preferred
• Previous experience in a similar field preferred
• Supportive of The Aleph Institute’s mission and values
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Skilled at building and maintaining relationships
• Able to think of creative ways to connect with people and foster relationships
• High level of creativity and ingenuity
• Can-do, positive attitude
• Organized, team player
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Strategic thinker
• Networking aptitude
• Great multitasking skills
• Attention to detail
Duration: Full-time position
Location: Remote available
The Aleph Institute is an equal opportunity employer.