About the Position
Berman Hebrew Academy, located in Rockville, Maryland, seeks dynamic Jewish educators who are passionate about making a significant impact on Modern Orthodox Jewish Education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate Jewish educator, grounded in educational best practices, who seeks to form deep and meaningful relationships with students that inspire leadership and growth. This is a full-time position for the 2021-22 academic year.
The opportunity includes:
• Teaching core Judaic subjects (Tanakh, Talmud, Jewish History and/or Jewish Philosophy);
• Collaborating with a talented and supportive team of colleagues across subject areas;
• Being present and a presence in and out of the classroom, supporting our school and school community;
• Enjoy unique professional opportunities beyond the classroom by taking leadership on important duties assigned by the Middle and Upper School Principals.
The position is a great fit for you if you are:
• Grounded in educational best practices with the ability to create an engaging learning environment that raises the bar for soulful and intellectually rigorous Modern Orthodox Jewish education;
• Passionate about delivering dynamic lessons and engaging in meaningful conversations with students;
• An educator who is able to cultivate strong textual skills and critical analysis;
• Excellent communicator both verbally and in writing;
• Self-reflective, entrepreneurial, and deeply committed to professional growth;
• Pride yourself on working collaboratively and fostering a strong culture of teamwork.
About Berman Hebrew Academy
Berman Hebrew Academy is an Orthodox Co-Educational Day School that provides a comprehensive Jewish and secular education in an atmosphere of reverence, good citizenship, and love of the Jewish people and Israel.
Adhering to standards of academic excellence and exemplary moral conduct, it prepares its graduates to become Halachically observant, well-educated Jews. It provides opportunities for each student to achieve the maximum of his or her potential, engaged with, and contributing to both the Jewish community and the society at large.