Schoke Jewish Family Service of Fairfield County seeks a dynamic, motivated, and creative professional with a
passion for volunteers, community engagement and young professional leadership. This professional will to build
community, create connections, and create innovative outreach and engagement programs. The right person for
this roll will lead by example and can inspire a team of passionate volunteers, donors and program participants. In
this roll the professional will be expected to create concrete benchmarks for growth, with measurable outcomes
and metrics. This is a development and engagement role with three specific areas of outreach.
As volunteer manager you will be the go-to-person for programs to turn to when they are in need of volunteer
support. You will manage and create opportunities when donors and community members are looking for
meaningful ways to give back and volunteer. Managing all aspects of volunteering from one of, to ongoing
opportunities, training/orientation, outreach and reporting.
• Increase our active number of volunteers and positive engagement by utilizing our software and all other
media outreach tools such as email, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.
• Ensure volunteer opportunities are matched with appropriate volunteers and that staff members are
trained and prepared to facilitate volunteer opportunities
• Utilize and manage the volunteer database
• Work with Staff to increase volunteer engagement opportunities with-in their departments
• Look to various Volunteer management certifications to improve our volunteer engagement and
management processes such as Service Enterprise Certification.
• Work with volunteers to better train and orient them to see that their time is critical to providing dignified
and complete service to our clients
• Create volunteer service days and work with synagogues on Mitzvah day and other appropriate group
• Provide support and training to help volunteers increase their ability to help us with capacity growing and
skilled volunteer work.
• Cultivates high level leadership opportunities for skilled volunteers through new structures and programs
that will benefit both their volunteer and professional work.
• Create regular communication to active volunteers as a whole and within volunteer affinity groups.
Community engagement professional is uniquely positioned to reimagine and innovate outreach and engagement
in Fairfield county for the support of our clients and our mission.
A collaborative and visionary thinker who will work on the cutting-edge of increasing engagement throughout the
• Create and implement a strategic community engagement strategy that mobilizes new and current
partners and organizations.
• Execute programs and community collaboration toward increased engagement with the mission and work
• Create beneficial collaborations and manage ongoing relationships with local synagogues, community
leaders, school educators etc.
• Participates in creation and facilitation of new short- and long-term programs to promote the message
and the work of SJFS and opportunities to give time and financial resources• Speaks as part of community programming, volunteer service days, mitzvah days, shabbatons etc.
• Utilize community building efforts to cultivate donors and generate new revenue streams to support our
resource development work.
• Manages special projects as they develop in the community and as needs of clients vary.
Singles Outreach Coordination:
You’re a strategic community organizer and think creatively about Jewish programming that speaks to the needs
and desires of young adults and singles. You understand the unique challenges and opportunities that come with
looking for a Jewish community and Jewish engagement in the years post-college and before entering into young
family programming. You will cultivate collaboration among Jewish organizations to create spaces for young adults
and singles to connect to their Judaism and the Jewish community on their own terms.
• Build and facilitate relationships between young Jewish professionals throughout Fairfield county
• Develop and implement series of events for Jewish Twenties and Thirties group.
• Maintain all singles outreach platforms and marketing
• Partner with other area congregations and community to facilitate young Jewish adult participation
• Building off of the current framework, build and implement a strategy for engaging Jewish young adults
and singles, paying attention to the varying needs of the population.
• Utilize the tools of relational engagement - meet participants on Zoom (for now) and in person to get to
know them, understand their needs and their networks, and connect them accordingly to JTT and other
young adult Jewish programming
• Support existing groups, by building relationships with community leaders and helping them see JTT as a
partner in their work.
• Develops deep and trusting relationships with the professional and volunteer leaders of the Jewish and
general community institutions focused on young adult outreach and engagement.
• 0-3 years professional work experience
• Bachelors degree
• Experience in recruiting
• Energetic, engaging and outgoing personality
Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong entrepreneurial spirit, a willingness to take risks and learn from your wins as well as your losses
• Organized, self-starter, creative, adaptive, multi-task well, able to lead teams and collaborate with others
• Solid knowledge of Jewish community, culture and practices and appreciation of the diversity of Jewish life and
• Passion for the mission of Schoke Jewish Family Service.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent planning and organization skills
• Networking ability to inspire and enlarge our supporter base
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of the professional team
• Ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate with a wide variety of staff and personalities.
• Superior problem-solving and multi-tasking ability
• Competent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, database experience preferred)
This is a full time position that will require working some nights and weekends when required by the project or
event. Salary is negotiable based on experience