The Mid-Island Y JCC is looking for a Brooklyn based Case Manager to help families with special needs in navigating entitlements and eligibilities.
Job duties and responsibilities:
• Provide intake to Hebrew Educational Society (HES) and the Shorefront Y's clients impacted by developmental disabilities and assess family and individual needs.
• Assist families to gather paperwork for eligibility for IEP (IEP for special education, or Life Plans for OPWDD purposes)
• Help families to gather paperwork for eligibility for IEP, Psychosocial, diagnoses from doctors and psychologist, applying for Medicaid and Social Security, district testing, etc.
• Assist families in updating their psychological and psychosocial evaluations by referring them to at no cost or low-cost evaluations.
• Attend workshops through OPWDD and keep up to date with the state regulations and requirements.
• Submit OPWDD eligibility applications with related documents to the Long Island regional office.
• Introduce Self-direction including linkages to care managers, care coordinators, FI coordinators and family support brokers.
• Plan, implement, and lead support and informational sessions.
• Maintain consistent and personal contact with participants and their families.
• Communicate to school districts regarding placements and related services.
This position is part-time. 30 hours a week. This position is based solely in Brooklyn. (mostly in office work combined with some remote hours)
Required Education and Experience
3+ years’ experience working with participants and families with special needs.
Knowledge and Skills:
Good Customer Service Skills
Demonstrate respect and responsibility to participant’s and families
The Mid-Island Y JCC is an equal opportunity employer.