CBS is looking for a compassionate, committed, and mission-driven individual to join our team as the Education and Engagement Coordinator. In this role, you will have the opportunity to use your people skills and experience to make a meaningful difference in our community. You will have the pleasure of working with our families with young children through our pre-K program, Shorashim; our religious school (ages 0-13); and our teens program. Additionally, you will support our Jewish community and connect the different programs to our congregants. This position reports directly to the Rabbi.
• Develop and implement the religious school curriculum, working collaboratively with the Rabbi, faculty, and Education Committee
• Administer the Religious School, including developing a budget and managing expenses
• Recruit, orient, and manage faculty team including ongoing faculty development
• Plan and oversee our two week summer day camp, Camp Chaverim
• Provide thoughtful opportunities for youth to remain engaged beyond their b’nei mitzvah
• Establish meaningful relationships with current and prospective families, leading to increased enrollment in the religious school
Skills/Abilities that are a Must-Have
Bachelor’s degree or higher.
Previous experience in youth and or education programs.
1-2 years’ experience in customer service in a professional setting.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
Ability to work collaboratively in teams, including internal and external stakeholders.
Ability to work independently and remain on schedule towards goals; Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize.
Problem-solving and critical thinking skills to not only carry out instructions, but also anticipate next steps and needs.
Proficiency in Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Availability to work at scheduled weekend and/or evening events, as needed.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of and commitment to Jewish practices, values, and priorities
Familiarity with child and adolescent development and with trends in Jewish education
Comfort with Hebrew; musical abilities a plus.