Since 1927, the Yeshivah of Flatbush has stood at the forefront of American Jewish education and has set the standard of excellence emulated by other academic institutions. It has imbued its students with a thirst for knowledge, a commitment to Torah, Mitzvot, and Zionism, a love of the Hebrew language and the dedication to serve the greater Jewish and secular communities. The school philosophy is a synthesis of Judaic studies, liberal arts and extracurricular activities that places great emphasis on the students' character development. It has evolved into a unique complement of Jewish and American values that focuses on all aspects of education and enables our graduates to meet the challenges of college and life. In the years to come, we look forward to continuing the traditions of excellence, innovation and leadership that have made us a world-renowned institution.
Position: Educational Technology Director, Elementary School, Nursery-Grade 8
Reports to: Director of IT & K-12 Instructional Technology
Collaborates and Supports: Administrators, Teachers, All Staff, & Students
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- Master’s Degree in Educational Technology or related educational area
- Master Degree in School Leadership and Administration
- Google Certified Teacher and/or Trainer
Send cover letter and resum*********************
As a part of the Technology Department the Educational Technology Director for the
Elementary School will work collaboratively with administrators, faculty, all staff, and students in
Early Childhood, Lower School, and Middle School to support teaching, learning, productivity to
impact student achievement. This position will also provide professional development in the
This position will partner with administration and faculty in the learning design process to make the best uses of available teaching methods and the best uses of technology to enhance student learning. They will facilitate and manage peripheral technology and applications (examples: Smart Boards, Smart Notebook, Epson, Zoom, Google Workplace for Education, STEM, MakerBot, 1:1 Chromebooks, etc.). Facilitate support and training for faculty so that every teacher can deliver a multisensory, accessible, differentiated and educational technology integrated lessons. They will explore new technologies that can support student learning and help to close data gaps. They will lead and Ed Tech team to push into classrooms in order to observe and support students and faculty technology use, troubleshooting, as well as managing student technology issues as promptly as possible (Google Workplace for Education and 1:1 Chromebooks).
The Educational Technology Director should be motivating, innovative, an excellent professional developer, proactive type of educator and be well-organized. They must have and aptitude for the teaching process through research-based pedagogy models and become a key participant in reshaping the learning process through technology for the school. They must have leadership qualities within a team model and be goal orientated.
• Effectively lead the ES EdTech team to plan, incorporate the educational technology plans, initiatives, tools, and programs into the school’s learning environments.
• Will lead a team, develop and manage the YOF Teaching and Technology Summer Professional Development as well as providing training sessions to Administrators, Teachers, Staff, Students and parents throughout the school year.
• A knowledge of technology including PC computers, Chromebooks, educational software, student filtering and the Internet Safety.
• Work with teams (Data & Registrar) to support, train and assist in managing Student Information System (Rediker), Gradebook, Attendance, Report Cards, Progress Reports, Teacher/Student/Parent Portal, PTC Wizard.
• Work with Administrators with Student Assessment data (ERB), Standards based report card data and have knowledge of NYC and NYS standards and Lexile.
• Work with Administrators, Staff, Teacher and Students to support and train with GMAIL accounts, Google Workplace Apps for Education, and Google Classroom.
• On a day-to-day basis, involved in assessing teachers and student’s educational needs and matching those needs with appropriate technologies and technical support teams.
• Work with teachers to enhance and update class curriculum and the integration of technology tools and resources to increase student learning and engagement.
• Ability to interpret faculty and student needs and produce instructional educational technology materials.
• Proven ability to adapt and learn new procedures and software programs.
• Provide ongoing professional development in summer sessions, classroom coaching, one-on-one, modeling, planning instruction and implementation of educational technology initiatives in the classroom with teachers.
• Knowledge of research-based pedagogy, classroom management, STEM and/or engineering design process
• Knowledge of current instructional theories for collaborative learning, hybrid learning with web-based tools and Zoom.
• Knowledge of streaming audio and video, podcasting, and social networking tools.
• Understanding of classroom management, models of teaching, and how technologies are actually used in a classroom setting.
• Other duties as assigned.