Who We Are
Hillel International is seeking a passionate and talented professional to serve as the Marketing Associate, Immersive Israel Experiences. This is an exciting position on a growing marketing team with an opportunity to reach and impact the lives of thousands of Jewish students on college campuses across the U.S. and around the world.
This position will be part of Hillel International’s marketing team and will be based at the Schusterman International Center in Washington D.C., or at Hillel International’s office in New York City. Qualified remote candidates will also be considered. The salary range for this position is $45,000-$55,000.
Who We’re Searching For
We’re looking for a standout digital marketer and relationship builder with an eye for great design and creative, and someone who has planned successful campaigns via digital and social media channels. You must be someone who is ready to jump in and expand the Hillel: Birthright Israel brand (@gowithhillel), create captivating digital touchpoints that lead to impactful Israel experiences, grow lead generation and have a love and enthusiasm for Israeli society and culture. Does this sound like you? If so...Yalla, come work with us!
What You’ll Bring to the Position
- 1-3 years of work experience or college degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or similar field
- Track record of producing engaging original content for digital and social media, including Instagram Stories, videos, GIFs, Facebook and Instagram ads, email headers, and more
- Vibrant storytelling, and superior writing skills, that elevate and highlight unique student stories across digital channels
- Familiarity using email marketing software such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, or Pardot
- Experience using Adobe Suite, Canva, and/or similar programs to create original graphics and design work
- Strong organizational and planning skills; familiarity using project management software
- Familiarity with lead generation to increase participation in trips
- A passion for or connection to Jewish life and Israel
- Working knowledge of HTML or comparable programming language a plus
- Photography, video shooting and/or editing experience
- Experience in front-line sales or marketing
What You’ll Own
- Help plan, execute, and assess multichannel digital marketing campaigns throughout the year, reaching and exceeding annual goals. Campaigns include Birthright Israel recruitment and marketing, Onward Israel, Masa Israel Journey, and many more
- Create beautiful and effective marketing materials, including writing and design of emails, content updates to the freeisraeltrip.org website, peer-to-peer texting, and video content
- Social media content calendar and consistent posting across Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Twitter for the @gowithhillel brand
- Produce digital and social media advertising campaigns on Facebook/Instagram and other platforms, optimizing copy, images/video, and audiences for conversion
- Design and create swag and promotional items for campus Hillels
- Lead webinars and provide one-on-one consulting for student interns and campus professionals on digital marketing and recruitment strategies and best practices
- Manage student recruiter program
- Engage with Birthright Israel and Israel-related program alumni throughout the year across all digital channels
What You’ll Get out of the Position
- Competitive salary, benefits, and vacation time, including:
- 3 weeks of vacation leave and 3 weeks of sick time as well as parental leave. Hillel also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan.
- Opportunities for regular professional development and continuing education
- Travel opportunities to campuses (when it is safe to do so), conferences, and to Israel
Hillel International Marketing Team Values
- Hard Work – Going above and beyond to reach our goals
- Data-Informed Decisions – Using past results to inform decisions and support future outcomes
- Creativity – Working collaboratively to turn good ideas into great ideas
- Preparation – Planning ahead allows us to do our best work and to be flexible in the moment
- Gratitude – Acknowledging and thanking our partners, both internal and external. It takes a village.
About Hillel International
Founded in 1923, Hillel has been enriching the lives of Jewish students for more than 90 years. Today, Hillel International is a global organization that welcomes students of all backgrounds and envisions a world where every Jewish student makes an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. Hillel is dedicated to enriching the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. As the largest Jewish student organization in the world, Hillel builds connections with emerging adults at more than 550 colleges and universities and inspires them to direct their own path. During their formative college years, students are challenged to explore, experience, and create vibrant Jewish lives.
About Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center
Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center (SIC) which has multiple offices throughout the world including in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Jerusalem, helps local Hillels in the areas of institutional advancement, strategic planning, leadership development, fundraising, talent, fiscal administration, student engagement and communications.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.