Job Title: Music Teacher
Reports to: K-8 Director
Kadima Day School is seeking a full-time music teacher for preschool, elementary, and middle school electives.
Job Summary: The music teacher is responsible for planning and implementing a wide range of musical experiences for students in both classroom and extracurricular settings. Responsibilities include classroom teaching (preschool through fifth grade), leading electives and clubs such as choir and band, leading religious services and community singing and training students for leadership roles in the same, and planning and implementing musical performances as part of assemblies and community events.
- Develop and implement a balanced music education curriculum, including elements of music, movement, listening, music theory, ear training, genres, history, appreciation, and vocal and instrumental performance
- Plan and implement musical experiences outside of the classroom, including clubs, electives, religious services, community singing, assemblies, and community events
- Cultivate in students a love and understanding of music, and strengthen students’ American and Jewish identities and commitments through music
- Infuse musical performance and listening throughout the school program
- Bachelor’s degree
- California teaching credential (music education) or its equivalent
- Knowledge of an extensive repertoire of American and Israeli folk, popular, and children’s songs
- Accompanist-level proficiency in keyboard and/or guitar
- Hebrew-language proficiency strongly preferred
- 3 years of teaching experience strongly preferred
- Musical director and/or conducting experience preferred