REMOTE FOR NOW
PNP Staffing Group is proud to have been retained by American Friends of Tel Aviv University to lead
their search for Assistant Director of Development Northeast Region
ABOUT THE AMERICAN FRIENDS OF TEL AVIV UNIVERSITY:
American Friends of Tel Aviv University (AFTAU) pursues the advancement of Tel Aviv University (TAU) in the United States; raising money, awareness, and influence through international alliances that are vital to the future of this impressive institution.
AFTAU is a national non-profit organization headquartered in New York City with offices in Chicago, Florida, Los Angeles, and Northern California. Over the past five years, AFTAU has raised an average of $30 million annually with a staff of 22. AFTAU has set organizational goals to raise over $60 million in the upcoming five years and growing the Northeast region is a priority.
The Assistant Director of Development Northeast will be responsible for raising support for AFTAU through prospect identification, face-to-face, written, virtual and in person solicitations, proposals to individuals, and salon and major events in the Northeast. The successful candidate is expected to raise gifts at the five-figure and above level.
This role is to be based out of the NYC office, but is temporarily remote due to COVID19. The role reports to
Senior Director, NE.
• Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gift prospects and donors at the five-figure level and above.
• Plan and execute local fundraising and cultivation events, including salon meetings, speaker series, webinars, and other donor engagement efforts.
• Partner with Senior Director of NE to create a strategy and development plan for the NE Region.
• Identify, develop, and engage current and prospective lay leaders for roles in leadership, including the AFTAU Board and NE Regional Leadership Committee.
• Launch and build the NE Regional Leadership Committee in collaboration with Senior Director, NE.
• Work with the VP of Planned Giving to identify, cultivate, and solicit planned giving prospects.
• Collaborate with National Director of Alumni Affairs on cultivating and stewarding high level NE based Israeli Alumni.
• Prepare internal briefing documents for the CEO.
• Edit donor proposals and reports, collaborating with the marketing department and TAU Israeli colleagues.
• Partner with TAU colleagues in Israel to set up campus visits, tours, and briefings for high level donors and prospects.
• Manage the Development Associate, who provides support for the NE and SE region and Planned Giving professional (TBD depending upon experience).
• Local and regional travel (post COVID).
• Miscellaneous special projects as assigned and requested by supervisors.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum of 5+ years’ experience as a major gift frontline fundraiser.
• Must have a proven track record of soliciting and closing five-figure gifts and above.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, written, and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM donor management is required.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Comfort in interacting with high level donors.
• Flexibility, discretion, high emotional intelligence, and positive outlook.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
|Notice to Candidates:||Applications are reviewed by a 3rd Party Recruiter or other Service Provider.|