Director of University Housing and Residence Life
Job No: 495493
Work Type: Staff Full-time
Location: Wilf Campus, 500 West 185th Street, NY, NY
Categories: Administrative Support, Student Services
The Director of University Housing and Residence Life is charged with directing all aspects of Yeshiva University's housing program on the Wilf campuses. The Director supervises both the professional staff and student employees in all aspects of operating housing (over 500 residents) for both graduate and undergraduate populations. The Director is responsible for envisioning and maintaining a rich Campus Life that is a crucial part of the undergraduate and graduate student experience.
• Oversee University Housing and Residence Life office on daily operation of housing program, all aspects of StarRez database, room assignments and changes, resident advisor selection, training, and management, resolution of roommate conflicts, and disciplinary matters
• Oversee development and implementation of resident advisor leadership training programs
• Oversee development of residence life programming implemented by resident advisors
• Communicate with students, parents, staff and administrators on relevant issues.Oversees coordination of interdepartmental university services (student finances, housekeeping, facilities management, security and plant operations.)
• Manage disciplinary procedures, meeting with rule violators and making recommendations to students and other departments
• Manage response to and resolution of medical and psychiatric emergencies on campus; on call for emergencies 24/7
• Oversee on campus quarantine and isolation, as required
• Additional responsibilities as assigned
Experience & Education Background:
• Masters degree in higher education or social work preferred
• Four to six years relevant experience in higher education, especially in housing and or student affairs preferred
Skills & Competencies:
• Strong leadership, staff development and staff management skills. Ability to create and support a successful team mentality
• Experience in the development and implementation of student leadership training and student event programming; creativity, enthusiasm and commitment to student success
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, detailed knowledge of University departments and policies, ability to develop and nurture mutually beneficial relationships with department managers, faculty, staff, and community members
• Ability to effectively work with staff, students, parents, and colleagues in a meaningful way that shows understanding, self-confidence, concern and regard to University practices and policies
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs 2,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University's retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and have access to a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
To apply, visit http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.