Elevating Life with Jewish Tradition
Temple Beth Tikvah is the house of Judaism in North Orange County California. We are a diverse and welcoming community. We believe in the value of Jewish experiences as well as the search for committed spiritual practice to be sources for personal and community transformation.
We believe in the value of Judaism to help us live lives with more Joy, Compassion, Empathy and Meaning.
Job description – Lead Teacher - Early Childhood Learning Center
Join our team and become a part of a wonderful working environment!
About the Early Childhood Learning Center
At the Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC) we strive to develop within each child the foundational skills that are critical for future learning. We stress development of the “whole child” in creating age-appropriate curriculum and playful learning experiences that foster social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth. Located at Temple Beth Tikvah (TBT), in Fullerton CA, we are a part of the larger TBT community. While our program offers a focus on Jewish values and traditions, we incorporate diverse cultural backgrounds into our daily routine and strive to build a community that is compassionate, cooperative, and respectful. Our teachers and staff are committed to taking a personal approach to every parent and child, creating an environment that instills confidence and enthusiasm.
About the role
As a preschool teacher in our community, you are responsible for the developmentally appropriate early education and social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth of children in your care. We work with a team-oriented approach, collaborating and offering feedback to discuss and develop age appropriate curricula, address concerns, and enhance the working, learning and school environments. As part of the larger TBT community, our curriculum incorporates the daily integration of Jewish values. We welcome staff of all religions, cultures, and backgrounds.
Will include, but are not limited to:
• Planning and implementing curriculum, which is developmentally and age appropriate, ensuring to incorporate core Jewish values
• Creating lesson plans for the preschool children in your care
• Relating to children, parents, and staff professionally and with respect
• Attending meetings, in-services, training sessions, and workshops and implementing best practice into the classroom.
• Meeting child/staff ratio in the classroom as required by the CDSS
• Reporting any accidents or possible signs of abuse or neglect to the Director or administrative staff
• Supervising, coaching, mentoring, and utilizing the Teacher Assistants effectively in the classroom
• Being responsible for various aspects of record keeping including attendance of children, developmental progress of children, monthly lesson plans
• Completing authentic assessments and developmental reports for each child during the year
• Conducting parent-teacher conferences
• Completing other duties as assigned
• Following all health measures being taken by the ECLC to assure the safety of all children, staff and families; including, but not limited to: wearing a mask on campus, practicing safe social distancing guidelines, closely monitoring the health of oneself, family, and children in your care, practicing healthy hygiene and frequent hand washing, and cleaning and disinfecting the toys and surfaces in the classroom and school spaces.
Location & commitments
• Pay to be determined based on education level and experience in the early childhood field
• Located at Temple Beth Tikvah in Fullerton, CA
• Additional participation in programs/events within the larger TBT community may be required
• Must meet State of California licensing requirements, including one of the following:
• Must have a minimum of 12 Core Semester Units in early childhood education/development, and six months of teaching experience in a childcare center,
• Hold an Associate Teacher Permit,
• A CDA Credential,
• A.A. in early childhood education, or
• B.A. in early childhood education.
• Minimum of 2 years teaching experience preferred.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Live scan fingerprint clearance.
• Criminal record & TB clearance. Pertussis, Measles, and Influenza (flu) vaccines.
• Up-to-Date Mandated Reporter Training Certificate
• CPR, First Aid, Health & Safety
Job Type: Full-time
We are following all guidelines for childcare settings as outlined by the Community Care Licensing Division and now require that all employees have received the full COVID vaccination.
Temple Beth Tikvah is an equal opportunity employer.