Our client, The American Technion Society, is currently seeking a Director of Development to join their growing organization. The position is temporarily remote but based out of the New York City office. This person will be responsible for attending bi-monthly meetings in the office, as well as traveling to frequent meetings throughout the Tri-State Region.
The American Technion Society
The American Technion Society (ATS) supports visionary education and world-changing impact through the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, in Haifa, Israel. Based in New York City, it represents thousands of U.S. donors, alumni and stakeholders who invest in the Technion’s growth and innovation to advance critical research and technologies that serve the State of Israel and the global good. The Technion is regarded as Israel’s leading technology institute and is the center of its entrepreneurial success. Over more than 80 years, ATS has raised nearly $2.6 billion for the Technion, more than any other U.S.-based fundraising organization for higher education in Israel.
For individuals who are passionate about Israel, the Director of Development position is an incredible opportunity to blend one’s fundraising expertise with a personal desire to play a role in the continued economic success and support of Israel. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, s/he will have a chance to incorporate their diverse fundraising skills, conduct direct solicitations, build a deeper pipeline of prospects, manage events and be the face of the organization for many of the stakeholders in the NY Metropolitan area. As the Technion approaches its 100th anniversary, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in the planning of exciting events, throughout the U.S. and in Israel.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Partner with the Senior Director of Development to manage the American Technion’s Society’s presence in the NY Metro Region
• Develop and grow American Technion Society’s donor base of individuals and foundations capable of giving $50,000+
• Develop and manage a portfolio of 100 prospects, including selected alumni, of which 40 will be high priority potential donors
• Involve and partner with lay leadership in activities and strategies to build and leverage their volunteer leadership throughout the territory/portfolio
• Engage in direct and systematic prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of high-net-worth individuals
• Advance the presence of the American Technion Society through impactful activities that further the interaction with prospects and be a key figure representing the Technion in these circles
• Deploy resources to maximize the philanthropic potential of assigned territory and/or portfolio. Work with ATS colleagues in the development of strategic annual and long-term fundraising plans and evaluate progress to goals
• Foster relationships with key ATS and Technion stakeholders in areas of prospect development, proposal development, stewardship, etc.
• Utilize the ATS database to maintain accurate records of all donor interactions, individuals’ programmatic interests, trends in giving and type of support to solicit
• Travel throughout the New York Metro Region, as well as periodic trips for professional meetings in the U.S. and to the Technion campus in Haifa
• A strategic thinking and a self-starter who understands a vision of success and can translate it into a tactile plan
• At least 7 years of quantifiable fundraising success with major gifts in higher education, science, technology, research, or advocacy organizations
• Public speaking, networking, and negotiating skills; ability to connect with many different audiences
• Passion for Israel, and a strong connection to ATS’s mission
• Prior non-profit experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
• Knowledge of Hebrew a plus
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite along with fundraising and database software.
*Successful candidates are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19, absent medical or religious accommodations
Have we described a role that you have been seeking, along with a set of skills you possess? If so, we’d like to hear from you immediately. Please forward your resum*************************c, a Human Resources Outsourcing and Consulting firm. Since 2001, OperationsInc has been supporting a base of over 1,400 clients with their diverse and evolving HR needs.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V