Kehillah Jewish High School is seeking a top-notch administrative assistant to be the first point of contact for the school and to provide support for the administrative team. This position will greet and direct visitors and play an integral role in the customer service and organizational strength of our school. Our ideal candidate takes initiative, works autonomously, and demonstrates excellent follow-through. We are looking for someone with impeccable verbal and written communication skills, a strong ability to multitask, and a friendly demeanor; one who is customer service oriented with strong interpersonal skills, has a pleasant sense of humor, and enjoys working with teenagers. This position requires a quick learner who is tech-savvy with advanced to expert skills in G-Suite and Microsoft Office. Proficiency with PowerSchool and Schoology or similar educational database systems is a plus.
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, Kehillah reflects the diversity of identity in contemporary Jewish and American life and welcomes not only those who self-identify as Jewish, but also anyone open to Jewish wisdom and values because they appreciate the caring, warm, accepting, and pluralistic culture. We are a supportive teaching community that embraces collaboration, outside-the-box thinking, innovative pedagogy, and one that fosters a culture of diversity, equity, and belonging. You’ll find colleagues here who possess a deep understanding of the diverse socioeconomic, racial, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, academic, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community.
This is a full-time position open immediately.
Compensation and Benefits
Kehillah offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off, health, dental, vision, life/short and long-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403(b) retirement plan, gym membership, and free lunch.
- Answer phones, maintain data entry, track inventory and order office and school supplies as needed.
- Coordinate a variety of programs and activities (e.g. meetings, site in-service day activities, dances, field trips, etc.); arrange facilities and equipment as needed for events.
- Assist with school events such as Back-To-School Night, Parent-Teacher Conferences, and Graduation.
- Attend special meetings for the purpose of providing administrative support/meeting minutes; prepare and distribute notices, agendas, and materials.
- Monitor and verify receipt of materials and invoices; reconcile invoices and statements; basic accounting knowledge and understanding of budgets and assignments.
- Routinely meet, answer phones, and interact with the public, staff, and students which require tact, discretion and courtesy; screens correspondence and telephone calls for administrators and staff.
- Receive and resolve concerns and complaints using knowledge of school policies, procedures, rules, and requirements; create a variety of confidential communications and reports.
- Handle routine issues and emergencies concerning employees and students; make decisions independently or collaboratively and recommend actions as appropriate.
- Coordinate daily substitute coverage and communicate faculty absences.
- Track up-to-date student attendance and supervise students during in?office detentions.
- Administer medications following established protocol, and assist with student health; must be able and willing to train/perform CPR and basic first aid.
- Provide support for interim reports; proofread communications with sensitivity and discretion.
- Maintains confidentiality of student, staff, and family information
- Use PowerSchool and Schoology with fluidity and confidence to enter and/or locate student data.
- Embodies exceptional people skills; communicates and listens effectively and responds in a timely, effective, and positive manner; impeccable writing and editing skills.
- Pays close attention to the details in all areas of planning, composing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Maintains personal credibility and integrity when confronted with ethical dilemmas, takes personal responsibility and has a growth mindset.
- Exceptional ability to multitask, prioritize conflicting demands, and meet deadlines with little direction.
- Applies common sense, extreme diplomacy, and maintains discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Demonstrates genuine humility and respect when interacting with others, regardless of their point of view.
- Approachable and engaging personality, able to connect with multiple constituencies.
- Excellent oral, written, and non-verbal communication skills, with a particular talent for active listening.
- Remains calm, maintains perspective, and responds in a professional manner when faced with tough situations.
- Successfully functions during times of ambiguity and changing priorities; creative problem resolution skills.
- High school diploma required, bachelor's degree preferred.
- Advanced to expert skills in G-Suite, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Zoom. Experience with PowerSchool and/or other education-- based software platforms a plus.
- Expert in mail merges and calendar systems; types at a speed of not less than 50 wpm.
- Minimum one year’s experience in an administrative role.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to:
- Specific abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception; ability to adjust focus, and sufficient manual dexterity to operate all departmental equipment.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Regularly use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Work at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Work in a traditional climate-controlled environment and occasionally outdoors.
- Navigate a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and diverse contacts which may at times be stressful.
- Occasionally lift up to 10 - 25 lbs.
- Has dexterity of hands and fingers to operate all office equipment including, but not limited to, computers, copy machines, and telephones.
- Travel safely and comfortably across a two-story, 50,000 sq. ft. campus several times in a workday.
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Turn, bend, kneel, crouch, or reach overhead to retrieve materials and may occasionally use a ladder.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references at http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx
If you have questions about the position, please contact Susie G******************** of all corres****************************** list.
Kehillah Jewish High School offers equal opportunity to all, is non-discriminatory, and encourages people of color and those with diverse backgrounds to apply. Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of background screening including fingerprinting, TB test, and verification of authorization to work in the United States.