Join our innovative team! Temple Emanuel Early Childhood Center, located just outside Washington DC, in Kensington, Maryland is seeking talented early childhood educators.
The foundation of our full-day, year-round early childhood program for children 18 months to 5 years old, is built upon creating and maintaining a culture of learning informed by the Reggio-Emilia approach to education and the values of our progressive Reform Jewish context.
Our faculty co-teaches in an environment that honors our culture of dialogue and research based on the image of the child as curious, competent, and capable of co-constructing knowledge. Our teachers view themselves as life-long learners who constantly challenge themselves to grow professionally and find joy in being part of a dynamic, collaborative community.
Temple Emanuel ECC Teachers:
• Think creatively and engage in the many forms of expression used in the classroom.
• Develop meaningful relationships with our community of children, families, and staff.
• Have unique interests and are passionate about sharing their knowledge and experience.
• Exhibit proficiency in the use of digital media as a tool for provoking children’s learning and classroom documentation.
• Have excellent written and communication skills.
Candidates must have 1-3 years of experience working in a childcare or early childhood setting.