The Clergy and Administrator Assistant will provide administrative support to the Rabbi, Cantor, and Administrator at Congregation B'nai Tikvah (CBT). The Administrative Assistant will be a proactive, participatory member of the office staff team, providing workable solutions that extend beyond the reach of any one staff person. This is a full-time position and includes front desk receptionist responsibilities as well, including acting as the “gatekeeper” for all calls/visitors, and will be responsible for meeting/greeting visitors and answering/screening calls.
Other general administrative support functions will include, but are not limited to:
• Scheduling meetings and managing the clergy calendar
• Creating documents and manage mailings
• Ordering and maintain supplies at the appropriate level
• Filing, faxing, photocopying
• Be the first welcoming voice/face to members and potential new members
• Assist members with questions and requests as appropriate
• Track all incoming donations and provide timely acknowledgements
• Be able to perform basic trouble-shooting operations on computer
• Keep clergy organized
• Ensure timely mailing of daily outgoing mail
• Collect and distribute mail to all staff and appropriate lay leaders
• Coordinate and produce office-based mailings
• Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
Looking for a self-starter who is able to multi-task, work in a team and is computer proficient. Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Knowledge of synagogue operations a plus. Must be able to interact with all types of individuals calling and coming into the office at all times. Works well under occasional pressure.
Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience preferred; demonstrated experience in successfully working with individuals and collaboratively in groups; Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; Knowledge and understanding of Judaism and Jewish culture, customs, holidays, and familiarity with the needs of a Conservative Jewish congregation.
Please direct all inquiries and submit a cover letter and resume to Lesley Lewkowicz, Executive Director/Synag**********************