WHO IS TEMPLE BETH EL?
Temple Beth El was the first synagogue in Michigan and continues to be a leader in the Jewish community and beyond. We are innovative in our approach to tradition, and continually seek to be both an inclusive home to our 1000+ member families, and a source of goodness in the world.
WHO IS OUR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR?
The Executive Director is the chief operating officer of Temple Beth El, supervised by the Senior Rabbi. As a leading member of the staff team, the ED is responsible for many operational areas including facility and maintenance operations, security, information technology, and coordinating our administrative functions. The ED partners with clergy, other professional staff, and lay leaders to build and manage the human, financial and physical resources of the congregation.
WHAT ARE THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF TBE'S EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR?
• Facilities management
• Oversight of synagogue security
• Manage vendors, rentals, and building use – including our in-house caterer
• Oversee cemetery management
• Information technology
• Annual fundraising including management of tributes, the annual appeal, and annual fundraising event
• Manage and facilitate development planning
• Liaison to the community
• Support the operations of our Temple Board
WHAT CHARACTERISTICS ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE?
• Strong interpersonal skills, warmth, and approachability.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Applicable experience in management, supervision, and organizational dynamics.
• Readiness to work in a collaborative environment, with a variety of stakeholders – clergy, staff, Board, members, other Jewish agencies, interfaith partners, and the community-at-large.
• Solid work ethic, flexibility, creativity, and optimism.
• Functional understanding of Reform Judaism and its customs, rituals, and practice.
• The ability to work on Jewish holidays, weekends, and evenings