The Admininstrative Assistant to the Director of Education is the face and voice of the Education department. In this role, you will be responsible for effectively managing the administration and logistics of the department. Ensuring effective and consistent communication amongst the families and students of the Talmud Torah. Maintaining and tracking student and teacher information in our client database, supporting student registration, working with HR, and payroll, ensuring supplies and resources are available, coordinating activities and events with our Nursery school and Youth Department, and taking an active role in some of the student programs as needed. Your efforts will support the school’s dynamic, engaging, and creative Jewish learning environment and will allow us to continue to focus on creating a social-emotional space where we recognize each student’s strengths and build a strong community. This position will work some Sundays. NOTE: Work during the High Holidays is part of the expectations for this role. Key responsibilities include:
• Collecting and reviewing Teacher new hire paperwork.
• Submitting Talmud Torah teacher payroll to accounting and approving entries in our time tracking system (NetClockIn).
• Create school registration form and confirm enrollment
• Help families with setting up payment plans or adjusting current plans.
• Assist families with ShulCloud.
• Process and submit check request forms to accounting
• Maintain student profiles, including special needs, a list of allergies, and emergency contacts.
• Maintain supply inventory this includes, books, arts and crafts, office supplies and equipment, students' snacks, etc.
• Order supplies as needed for classroom and office.
• Assist in the planning of special programs, class schedules, and setting up protocols for school.
• Will support High Holiday youth programming
• Organize the parent/teacher conferences.
• Work with ShulCloud database.
• Assist in weekly phone coverage for the administrative offices.
• Create a menu for Upper School dinners.
• Preferred Associates degree in related field
• Experience as an Administrative or Executive Assistant
• Previous work experience in a religious or non-profit environment desired
• Proficiency using all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access a plus)
• Experience with calendaring and using Outlook
• A high level of organization is necessary and must be able to prioritize and multi-task.
• Professionalism and maturity, demonstrated ability to lead, cooperation in a team atmosphere, a proactive attitude, and a strong work ethic.
• Strong analytical aptitude.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated organizational skills.
• Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
• Excellent attention to detail; Accuracy is essential.
• Strong work ethic.
• Good interpersonal skills with a strong emphasis on customer service.
• Knowledge of Judaism is a plus, but not required.
• MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK ON SUNDAY. TALMUD TORAH CLASSES ARE ON SUNDAYS.