Administrative Assistant – Department of Youth & Family Learning
Congregation Shaarey Zedek – Southfield, MI
The Department of Youth and Family Learning Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Director of Youth and Family Learning, including overseeing all office activities related to the religious school and other youth and family programming.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Serve as a greeter for students and parents on days during which religious school is in session.
• Serve as point of contact for any issues that arise while religious school is in session and triage issue appropriately with other departments.
• Coordinate preparation of and oversee annual school registration process.
• Maintain all enrollment, health, and attendance records for students.
• Maintain records on tuition rates and work with finance department to obtain regular reports on outstanding tuition balances.
• Maintain all attendance records for teachers and arrange for substitutes as needed.
• Provide administrative support to teachers relative to preparation of class materials.
• Provide general administrative support to the Director on all matters concerning the school, including but limited to enrollment trends by grade, student recruitment activities, marketing and promotional activities, ordering books and supplies in support of the curriculum, planning and execution of security drills, maintenance of all emergency related supplies, and general communications with families regarding school events and closures.
• Provide general support to the Director on youth and family programming.
Qualifications and Skills
• Strong organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Highly competent computer skills: Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to multi-task and to work independently
• Familiarity with office equipment: phones, copy and fax machines
• Ability to learn membership system and other applications
• Existing knowledge, or ability and willingness to learn, synagogue rituals and religious observances
• Minimum of Associate’s degree required and at least two years of work experience in office environment
Hours and Compensation
• Compensation for this position is $18 per hour
• This is a part time position, at 20 hours per week
• All applicants must be available to work on Sunday mornings and Tuesday afternoons.