Administrative Assistant to Senior Rabbi
TITLE: Full Time Admin. Assistant
REPORTS TO: Senior Rabbi and Executive Director
SUMMARY: Provide administrative, ritual related and program support to the Senior Rabbi and other clergy members. Interface on Senior Rabbi’s behalf to members in need of his counsel/support. Provide support to other Admin staff members as part of our welcoming office staff. Produce congregational emails from the clergy at Senior Rabbi’s discretion. Contribute to the collaborative, professional work setting that supports relationships in a warm team environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE but are not limited to:
Administrative Support to Senior Rabbi:
• Be the face for the Temple - Answer the phone, assist with mailings, typing and inquiries as needed as part of our office Admin team
• Support Senior Rabbi with appointments, calendar, correspondence, etc.
• Assisting with coordinating, scheduling and communicating of life cycle events such as weddings, conversions, baby naming and funerals
• Program Support for Do-in Drash, Confirmation and Post Confirmation for Senior Rabbi
• Send condolence/shivah congregational emails
• Design, format, copy, email, link service, ritual, worship and study handouts including Shabbat weekly and High Holyday service booklets
• Prepare weekly Yahrtzeit/Shloshim and Misheberach lists including the mailing of the notices
• Admin support to clergy mission trips
• Support Senior Rabbi with key Temple annual initiatives including weekly Chevrah Torah, Adult Ed offerings, Scholar in Residence, the Minyan of Mensches program and more
• Add rituals, holidays Clergy study, and Shabbat dates to the Temple calendar
• Generate reports and assist in online resources for Senior Rabbi as needed
• Excellent proven communication, writing and editing skills
• Attuned, people skills, thoughtful/sensitivity
• office administrative support experience
• Understanding of Judaism, Jewish practices and terminology preferred.
• Warm, welcoming, personable and flexible
• Enthusiastic about meeting the challenges of working with staff, clergy, board of trustees and congregants.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Self-starter, highly organized, detail oriented, ability to juggle multiple tasks and work independently
• Has experience working with Office programs, mail merge, Google Apps, Excel and Adobe programs. Database management experience a plus
• Be able to handle confidential information and act with discretion
• Reports to the Senior Rabbi and Executive Director
• Benefits: Paid Time Off, holiday pay, Medical and Dental Insurance, 401K