Assistant to Senior Rabbi and Executive Director:
Join our dynamic team and work closely with our Executive Director, Senior Rabbi, Clergy, and Synagogue members as you help run the busy schedule and programming of a vibrant UWS synagogue.
• Projects (Scheduled and Ad-hoc): Primary responsibility for important congregational projects including high holiday and permanent seating assignments and election proxies, support annual gala planning, and take on special projects that may arise such as grant proposals, historic restoration projects, etc.
• Reception: support the “front desk”. This includes answering calls to the main line, fielding emails addressed to our general email box, addressing or appropriately forwarding all inquiries/requests
• Calendar Management; A) Maintain the various internal calendars (service times, congregational events, life cycle celebrations, staff schedules/vacation time); B) calendaring board/officers meetings, sending out email reminders, collecting proxies
• Office- maintain inventory supply and office tidiness
• IT oversight- coordinate support and repairs for office equipment for copy machine and postage machine • Data Reporting- use synagogue database to generate regular and ad-hoc reports such as membership trends, new members, over age x etc.:
• Letter Writing and Email/Mail Merges- Manage time-sensitive mass e-/mailings (e.g., statements, important announcements), targeted mailings (e.g., BDE and yahrzeit notices, and correspondence as per the request of the Senior Rabbi & Executive Director;
• Support Event Creation and Planning: create registration forms and campaigns, track registration, etc.;
• Prepare and File Source Sheets for Rabbi- Prepare cover sheets including sponsorship details, layout blurbs and adhere to rabbi’s filing system
• Book appointments for SR & ED
• Letter writing for SR & ED (donation thank you letters, proof of Jewish heritage etc)
• Keep current: A) board/officers list B) website C) lobby tables and elevator racks (keep this area tidy too)
• Social Media and Graphic Design: Create and execute engaging content for our social media platforms (Instagram and Facebook), manage a social calendar, analyze data from social media platforms to identify and address areas of improvement, create flyers and schedule to send prior to event (knowledge of canva a plus)
• Other miscellaneous tasks as needed
A successful candidate should have the following skills and qualities:
• Technology savvy- proficiency in all basic office software including Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word, Excel, and Publisher). Strong familiarity and interest in database management and reporting. We currently use ShulCloud as our congregant management database.
• Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and project management skills
• Strong customer service orientation- Your ‘customers’ are our shul congregants. Lincoln Square Synagogue’s executive director and senior rabbi rely on you to support their demanding schedules and sometimes shifting priorities;
• Team Player- Enjoy working collaboratively;
• Jewish familiarity- Knowledge of Jewish tradition and Hebrew language a strong plus.
Our team is friendly, supportive, proud of our mission, and hard-working. This position requires staying late during our busy seasons (i.e. High Holiday, Annual Dinner or for other annual events) and requires some weeknight/shabbat presence during the year (Purim Carnival, Annual Dinner, Sukkot).
We welcome your application. Please send your resume and cover letter to Executiv*************