Description of the Position:
Part-time, 18 hours/week
Office manager and program assistant in the Hebrew department; Faculty Center assistant.
• Provide administrative support for day-to-day and special programs involving the Hebrew department and its faculty (e.g. Hebrew Table, guest talks, events, film screenings).
• Answer phone, email and in-person inquiries in Hebrew and in English.
• Type, copy and scan instructional materials.
• Coordinate Hebrew faculty meetings (scheduling, room reservation, food, communication with faculty).
• Provide backup for the Hebrew Language Lab director and instructional technologist (e.g. administer reading tests, assist classes at lab practice, help faculty troubleshoot instructional technology).
• Schedule and proctor Hebrew exams as needed.
• Track and maintain office supplies. Order books, textbooks and other instructional materials. Renew Hebrew Language Lab subscriptions. Prepare check requests to pay vendors. Maintain records of department expenses.
• Collect syllabi, final exams, reading tests, semester summaries and grade reports, and record the data; assist in creating, maintaining and updating records of student’s progress.
• Process tutoring forms, forward tutoring requests to teachers, collect reports, process invoices and prepare PRFs, maintain records, and prepare annual report.
• Set up sign-up calendar for the Hebrew On Demand help desk, process reports, maintain records, process payments and prepare HOD report each term.
• Hebrew Placement Exams: send and receive exams, record online portion scores, score diagnostic exams, maintain database with student results and communicate as needed with the Admissions office.
• Ivriyon Immersion Program: assist with recruitment; process applications; order books; help develop program schedule; book field trips, food and housing; process speaker contracts and PRFs; help set up rooms and order supplies; provide support exclusively in Hebrew to Ivriyon staff and participants during the program in July (troubleshooting, computer lab help, copying etc.).
• Faculty Center: Answer phone, email and in-person inquiries at the Faculty Center, Monday-Thursday (two hours per day in the afternoon, precise hours TBD by the director of the Faculty Center). Provide administrative support and assistance as needed to the Faculty Center Director and to members of the faculty.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Hebrew and in English
• Typing and word processing in Hebrew and in English
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to record and present information effectively
• Self-starter and quick learner
• Computer skills: Office Excel, Word, PPT and Outlook
• Aptitude for technology
• Bachelor’s degree
Please e-mail your resum*********************Hebrew will be considered.