About Donna Klein Jewish Academy
Donna Klein Jewish Academy, an independent non-profit school for children grades Kindergarten through grade 12, is a Jewish community day school serving a close-knit community of families from a broad spectrum of Jewish backgrounds and religious practices with a common commitment to Jewish identity, heritage and values. The school was founded in 1979 and lives its mission: To educate our children and the greater DKJA community to be knowledgeable and responsible citizens of the world, committed to Jewish values and lifelong learning. The school is located within the vibrant, 100-acre campus of the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County. The largest Jewish campus in the country, concern for safety is paramount with 24-hour security.
Students thrive in a nurturing environment where everyone knows and supports one another. New students make friends easily. The traditional and contemporary not only co-exist but complement each other on a campus where a strong sense of community and deep respect for diversity buoys spirits and keeps the focus on education. Daily life revolves around family-centered values and the celebration of traditions among the generations: L’Dor V'dor, Shabbat, Tefillah, lifecycle ceremonies, cultural performances and community service. Parents are welcomed partners in their child’s education and faculty provides a watchful continuum of care between school and home. The DKJA family comes together as one, in a culture of intellectual honesty, kindness and tikkun olam — the commitment to social action and pursuit of social justice — that translates to the larger world.
About the Position
The Claire and Emanuel G. Rosenblatt High School at Donna Klein Jewish Academy seeks a mission driven, compassionate, and proven leader for the role of High School Principal commencing June, 2021 prior to the 2021- 2022 school year.
Job Responsibilities Overview
The Claire and Emanuel G. Rosenblatt High School Principal is expected to manage and oversee the High School (grades 9-12), oversee the implementation and delivery of all curricula and instruction, and ensure that the High School program meets the needs of all students including those with differing learning styles. The RHS Principal is also responsible for the management of faculty and staff within their division, collaborating and partnering with all departments throughout the school including Admissions, Communications and Marketing, and all other Administrative teams including the grades K-8. The RHS Principal reports directly to the Head of School.
The successful candidate will have the following qualities and qualifications:
* Proven leadership experience in an independent or private school setting.
* Holds a Master's level or other advanced degree in education, Jewish education, or related field.
* Has a minimum of 5 years of school leadership experience.
* Experience in a Jewish Educational Environment
* Strong communication skills both written and verbally.
* Has the ability to be an active and attentive listener in a variety of settings.
* Demonstrates the ability and desire to lead a Jewish Community Day School.
* Highly organized and pays attention to detail.
* Demonstrates a strong understanding of current instructional and learning practices.
* Understands the need to engage, at times, in challenging conversations with parents, students, and/or faculty.
* Refers to the mission, vision and philosophy in all decision making.
* Works well as a member of a team and encourages feedback from other members of the leadership and administrative team.
* Is comfortable in a decision making capacity.
* Envisions clear and aspirational goals for the High School and is able to share those goals to motivate all constituents.
* Ensures that all students, at all levels of learning, receive an exceptional education designed to set them up for future success.