Our client is a Yeshiva, grades Pre-K through 12. Their campus also houses a Synagogue. They seek a Director of Development to raise funds for a $10 million Capital project and fundraise for Annual Campaigns.
The candidate will report to the Board of Directors and work closely with the Executive Director and School Administration. S/he will identify and cultivate prospects, capable of donating significant funds for the expansion of school and synagogue facilities through a new campus, housing the school and synagogue.
• Achieving the Capital and Annual campaign fundraising goals.
• Creating strategies for solicitation purposes, conducting prospect research, preparing proposals, meeting with funders, arranging meetings, and following up.
• Coordinating with the Board of Directors and the Executive Director in decisions regarding approaches to prospects, commemorative giving and naming opportunities, policies, and other issues related to the both the Annual and Capital campaigns.
• Steward prospects and donors. Identify donor needs and responsibilities.
• Oversee the preparation of letters, meetings, site visits and collateral materials. Follow up all meetings and events.
• Managing the prospect research and grant writing program.
• Overseeing fundraising operations, including donor files and database, gift accounting and acknowledgment, pledge collection, creation of financial records, media archives and other records.
• At least seven years of proven success with Annual and/or Capital Campaigns.
• Demonstrated experience establishing relationships with individual, foundations and corporate major gift funders.
• Experience at a Jewish Day School, a plus.
• Demonstrated success in asking for and closing major gifts with individual donors, foundations and corporations.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and successfully implement fundraising strategies.
• Detail-orientated with impeccable oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience leading and engaging all stakeholders – Lay leaders, colleagues, parents, other donors, partners, and volunteers.
• Self-starter with proactive nature and creative approach.
|Notice to Candidates:||Applications are reviewed by a 3rd Party Recruiter or other Service Provider.|