Full-Time or Part-Time College Counselor
Katz Yeshiva High School of South Florida in Boca Raton is a Modern Orthodox Jewish high school with 400 students who take a dual curriculum in Judaic Studies and General Studies. We are seeking applicants with experience in college guidance or college admissions and proven expertise specifically in college counseling and/or selective college admissions. Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
The ideal candidate will have:
strong interpersonal, communication, writing, public speaking, and organizational skills
in-depth knowledge of universities and colleges, admission policies, application procedures and timelines, and college admissions/standardized testing
* familiarity with academic accommodations, pre-college and other summer programs, and financial aid
* familiarity with the goals and mission of an independent and/or religious school; ideally, familiarity with the unique needs of observant Jewish students as they navigate the path to college
* exemplary writing skills with prior experience writing/editing/evaluating letters of recommendation and college essays
* strong technology skills and familiarity with Naviance
* eagerness to work with students, parents, teachers, fellow counselors, and admissions officers
* ability to work independently and as part of an energetic team
* willingness to receive feedback from team leader and implement suggested adjustments to performance
* versatility as a team-player who can comfortably shift priorities and still finish tasks on deadline
* capability of helping to design information sessions and presenting to parents and students
Preference will be given to individuals with ability and interest in teaching a high school course.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter detailing specific college counseling and/or college admissions experience, resume, and profe*****************