Temple Beth El of Boca Raton is the largest and most vibrant congregation in our area. Throughout our history we have sought to create a spirit of warmth, intimacy and vitality in all that we are and do, maintaining a culture of upstanding work ethic and dedicated staff members. We strive to build a sense of community and improve the world around us. We are growing and are excited to add team members like you to join our team.
We are currently searching for a caring and energetic Lead Teacher to join our team. If you have a passion for working with children, are dedicated to providing the best education and care, work collaboratively, and want to learn and grow, we want you to be a part of our team.
The Lead Teacher is responsible for monitoring the development and learning of the children, and for communicating this information to parents and Directors. Beth El Early Learning Center believes in experiential learning, with a hands on approach. The Lead Teacher is responsible to provide a successful, safe and supervised educational setting for children while they are in the Early Learning Center environment (classroom, outdoor play area, and field trips).
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage day-to-day classroom activities, plan and implement daily activity and instructional programs to meet the developmental needs of children.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining an environment that is cheerful, nurturing, healthy, clean, organized, and safe for all children.
• Monitor growth and development of each child and communicate progress and/or concerns with parents and Directors.
• Ensure consistency of the daily curriculum with the preschool values statement.
• Maintain documentation of daily needs, observations, and developmental milestones.
• Responsible for child assessments and facilitate parent-teacher conferences as needed/requested.
• Maintain a continuing dialogue with the teaching team with regards to the children and classroom environment.
• Maintain a professional self-image and project the values of the organization at all times.
INTERACTION WITH CHILDREN
• Serve as a role model for the children in the areas of attitude, speech and actions on a daily basis.
• Treat each child with dignity and respect for his/her cultural background.
• Encourage children’s development in the areas of building self-confidence, problem solving, and taking responsibility for their actions.
• Assist children in embarking and disembarking from school and accompany them to their classrooms.
• Support children during lunchtime and ensure that their nutritional needs are fulfilled.
• Oversee children to make sure that they are safe during outdoor activities.
• Ensure development of positive relationships with children with a view to promote self-esteem and self-discipline.
• Be consistent, but lovingly enforce classroom discipline plan and reward system.
• Complete weekly lesson plans and goals according to policy.
• Responsible for uploading daily log sheets and the daily activities using Brightwheel's roster.
• Responsible for returning all parent phone calls or emails according to the standards of the Early Learning Center.
• Supervise assistant teachers in the classroom and ensure they are following program policy and values of the organization at all times.
• Responsible for training new teachers and other staff assigned in the classroom and direct them as to what duties need to be carried out throughout the day.
• Maintain attendance and accidents/incidents reports. Ensure parents receive and sign reports.
• Establish a professional level of rapport with parents in order to provide quality care and excellent customer service.
• Maintain storage, organization, and cleanliness of classroom equipment and materials.
• Maintain a continuing dialogue with classroom team with regard to the children and classroom environment.
• Help to create parent and teacher programs to grow their understanding child development and developmentally appropriate practice.
• Perform other job-related responsibilities as assigned by the Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Excellent knowledge of child development and up-to-date education methods;
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
• Excellent problem solving, and attention to detail and strong interpersonal relationship skills;
• Comfortable with team-based work structure, ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job;
• Approachable with the ability to maintain positive relationships at all levels of the organization;
• Knowledge of Brightwheel or ability to learn;
• Knowledge of the Jewish community and Jewish customs is a plus;
• Ability to lead staff in implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum;
• Ability to effectively plan, organize and implement educational activities;
• Ability to utilize computer skills and software to input developmental data;
• Ability to be creative, patience, flexible, loving and understanding when working with children;
• Ability to make decisions on behalf of children and protect their well-being;
• Ability to work with children from diverse backgrounds;
• Ability to meet Florida requirements for employment in a preschool setting;
• Attend school wide and class events such as meetings, parent meetings, and other special events;
• Attend and positively participate at all staff meetings and professional development trainings;
• Ability to work occasionally on nights and weekends; and
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of children and families according to policy.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Associate’s degree in early childhood education or child development; or a Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, child development or a child related field is preferred;
• At least two years of experience working with young children;
• 45 hours of Child Care Courses/training or willingness to acquire;
• Child CPR/First Aid certification or willingness to acquire;
Ability to read and interpret documents such as lesson plans, roasters, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with parents and employees of organization. Strong service-related people skills and problem solving skills. Familiarly with Hebrew is a plus, but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 50 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors. Consistently able to observe and respond to children’s needs, emergencies, and/or conflicts that might occur in the classroom, on the playground, and/or in common areas. Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children. The employee must have the ability to physically manage and support children when needed for safety in general outdoor activities.
The job is performed indoors/outdoors in a traditional school setting. The employee will be working in a busy and occasionally noisy environment. There may be a number of activities and situations happening at once, and the employee will have to supervise all children at all times. The employee may come into contact with children who are ill and/or contagious, and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of all children, parents, staff and themselves. Depending on the particular workplace and job duties, personal protective equipment (PPE) may be recommended or required. PPE may include, for example, gloves, goggles, face shields, masks and/or other protection.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the organization reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
WE SUPPORT OUR TEAM MEMBERS BY OFFERING
• Highly competitive Wages
• Health/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
• Short- and Long-Term Disability
• 403(b) Retirement Plan
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Holiday Paid
• Employee Discounts
Temple Beth El of Boca Raton is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not take into consideration the race, gender, age, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation, (or any other protected class) of any applicant for this position. For more information about our organization, please visit www.tbeboca.org.